Chapter One . . . Freedom

Start from the beginning

"Kristine, are you with me?" Tyler said knocking me out of thought.

With a little laugh I nodded. "Sorry, you just kind of shocked me."

"Shocked you?"

We were close to the apartment. I could see it.

"Yes, shocked me." I said giving a small smile.

"And how did I do that Kristine." He looked interested and amused. We were at the apartment now standing in front of the small fence.

"You said I was beautiful." I felt a small blush across my cheeks as he fully grinned.

"And let me guess, you don't think so?"

"Well, I'm not exactly Miss America." I looked down at my feet again realizing that it was true. I had brown hair that went pass my shoulders, my eyes were hazel, I wore hardly any make up besides cover up and mascara, and my clothes were either hand me downs from my best and only friend Carrie or from the good will.

"Hey," Tyler said lifting up my chin with his finger, "You are beautiful. Let me buy you dinner to prove it." I saw fear and desire in his dark eyes, and I badly wanted to say but knew that I couldn't. I'm seventeen and had two kids to take care of I didn't deserve a teen life like other girls.

"She would love that!" A voice I recognized all to well squealed.

"CARRIE!!!!" I yelled at the tall blond girl before me. I heard Tyler laughed before he removed his finger away, I felt so cold and alone when his touch was gone.

"You know I agree with your friend. I think you'd love spending time with me as much as I would with you." I stood there looking from Carrie to Tyler and back to Carrie.

"Well, I got some things I need to take care of." By things I meant the kids.

"That's what your best friend is for." I rolled my eyes at her and turned to Tyler.

"Can I have your number?" He nodded and put the grocery bags down before grabbing the phone in my hands. He hit numbers and gave me back the phone. "I'll pick you up here tomorrow night around eight?" I was about to nod but Carrie beat me to it. "Of course she will!"

Tyler chuckled. "Thanks, do you want me to carry the bags in?"

"No I got them but thanks and I'll see you tomorrow."

"Count on it beautiful." He said before kissing me on the cheek and jogging back down the road.

"I so hate you right now." Carrie sighed. I only shook my head and lead her inside each of us carrying a bag of groceries.

We got inside the kitchen and started putting the food away when I noticed how quiet it was.

"Where are the kids."

She shrugged like it was no big deal, "Napping. So what are you going to wear tomorrow?"

"A skirt and a blouse."

"No,no,no that won't do. A sexy man like that should have a sexy woman on his side and a skirt and blouse won't do."

"I'm a teen mom you know, I just drop my baby weight, I have stretch marks and hemroids, I don't think there is anything sexy about me." I laughed, there truly was nothing sexy about me.

"You are a beautiful seventeen year old girl we just need to sex you up a bit." I rolled my eyes and continued to put the stuff away ignoring everything and anything she was saying.

"Mommy?" I turned and saw Sierra wearing a little princess nightgown, her hair was a mess, and she was rubbing her eyes smith one hand and with the other was holding her old stuffed teddy bear. She melted my heart especially when she called me mommy. I was not trying to replace my mother but she deserved someone in her life that she called mom so I showed her our mother, and told her she was up with angels, and she asked if I could be her other mommy.

"Yes baby?"

"Can I watch Mermaid." The Little Mermaid was her favorite and mine too.

"Yeah honey, I'll put it in for you." I picked Sierra up and began to carry her into the living room when I heard, "This discussion isn't over Kristine tomorrow night you will be sexy!" I laughed and took Sierra into the living room dreading what Carrie was going to make me wear tomorrow night.