Chapter 30 - Prisoner Hux

Začít od začátku

"Take me down to meet them," Peavey commanded one of his officers in the control room. Captain Peavey had every intention of doing this correctly and, unlike Hux, with his dignity intact.

Captain Peavey exited the ship, and with a handful of officers, he stood under the ship's shadow, awaiting the approaching host. He felt apprehensive, but the Resistance seemed merciful to anyone who had surrendered. He hoped that was where this endeavour was heading. He could now see the leaders of the horde clearly and the towering form of Kylo Ren carrying that red-burning sword. Captain Peavey gulped nervously; he'd seen the previous Supreme Leader a handful of times upon the bridge with Hux always masked. He was intimidating, and Peavey felt no shame in feeling afraid of the man. He'd heard enough stories from fellow officers who'd been dragged, choked and thrown to know the man was formidable and had a reckless temper. He wasn't any less intimidating without the mask, dark eyes, and a large scar running down his face across one of them.

Kylo Ren stopped less than a metre from him, and although Peavey did not alter his footing or stance from his respectful military pose, his hands clenched each other hard behind him, and his head did lean back slightly, fearful of being lanced on that fiery red bolt. Nobody spoke, and Peavey didn't dare look at anyone other than Kylo, who, when he finally did speak, did so in a deep voice, his words short and precise.

"Captain Peavey, where is Hux?"

"In his quarters," Peavey blurted nervously. He paused, calming himself, and continued, "He's unaware of my being here, though he is aware to a certain extent of the situation."

"A certain extent?" Kylo raised an eyebrow at Peavey, his body tense and ready.

"I take it Chromia and the Knights are dead?"

"Yes," another short, curt response.

"Our Supreme Leader is unaware of that, as I only suspected. He is ignorant of our Ties and troops having been recalled or of Kail and Valax's surrender. He is only aware that one Dreadnought is down, that Skalick is dead and that Targo and Kramer joined you."

Kylo simply nodded. Now, another man spoke.

"Captain Peavey, I'm Colonel Dameron. Are you here to surrender your forces and your ship?"

Peavey apprehensively allowed himself to address the new speaker.
"I am Colonel, yes. I want no more of my soldiers to die for something I believe is already over."

Colonel Dameron spoke to the other Resistance members around them.
"General Ematt, take over the Captain's surrender. Solo and I will deal with Hux. Jakub, you and your division come with us. Solo lead the way."

A handful of Resistance fighters followed Kylo Ren towards the ship; Captain Peavey watched them go the same way he'd just come from and wondered to himself why they were referring to Kylo Ren as Solo.

-X-

Ben headed inside the Supremacy; he knew the corridors of this ship intimately, but the familiar buzz and mechanical hum that had calmed him during sleepless nights before now made his agitation increase. He headed to his old quarters. His pace determined his boots an insistent click on the floor, and he could sense the men with him struggling to keep up; it didn't matter. He didn't need them. The doors to his quarters were shut, and he knew before he even pressed the button to release the doors that they had been overridden to stay shut. He took his lightsaber and thrust it into the doors. Around his weapon, the doors started melting. They would open soon enough. There were safety procedures that would not allow a door to stay shut when extreme heat was applied.