When the pot of coffee was done brewing, Matt took their coffee mugs from the table and poured some strong black coffee into the mugs, and brought it to each of them

When the pot of coffee was done brewing, Matt took their coffee mugs from the table and poured some strong black coffee into the mugs, and brought it to each of them. Immediately, Shane was downing the mug like it was the only thing keeping him alive.

"Alissa, it looks like you're going to be cleared completely very soon. We cracked the computer and Scarlet is bringing up the autopsy report now." Shane spoke to their main witness. Alissa hadn't met Scarlet, but there was a part of her that wished she hadn't once Scarlet walked in.

    Scarlet had long, wavy hair, wore sky high heels with her slim pants and blouse and the metal charm bracelet clinked on her wrist as she moved, catching the attention of Shane and Matt, who gave her a look of respect, since she made it clear t...

    Scarlet had long, wavy hair, wore sky high heels with her slim pants and blouse and the metal charm bracelet clinked on her wrist as she moved, catching the attention of Shane and Matt, who gave her a look of respect, since she made it clear that she was serious. For some reason, Alissa felt slightly intimidated by her, she looked like a frontwoman of a rock band, she commanded attention from everyone in the room and Alissa didn't like the feeling of being part of a heinous crime that only a few days ago, she was the main suspect for.

"So, there's nothing in this report that can link Alissa to Alex's death?" The commander asked Scarlet.

"Nothing in the report, no." She responded, and Shane looked over at Alissa, having the evidence he needed to fully know that she was innocent. "But in cases like these, it's always the spouse." Scarlet ended, her eyes darting to Alissa.

"On the computer, we found some emails and some documents that could potentially have caused a problem for Alex, though." Vicki spoke, feeling better now that she was caffeinated.

"Wait, what emails?! What kind of problem?!" Alissa asked, curious about her fianceé's work.

"Hi, who are you?" Scarlet asked Alissa, despite must having already known about her.

"That is Lieutenant Alissa Montgomery. She is Alex's fianceé, and can hopefully provide us with useful information about her life and her work." Shane introduced.

"Anyway, Alissa was right about Alex, she was being accused of charging extra fees for the legal paperwork she handled, but we still don't know what got her in this deep." Vicki elaborated, turning towards the emails and files on Alex's computer.