Chapter Eight: Through His Eyes.

Niall's P.O.V.

  I was sitting there with her, hearing her story. I couldn't help but shed a few tears. I didn't want her to think that I was pitying her, because that was the furthest thing from the truth. I was there because I love my fans. I love each and everyone of them, and when her mum asked me to come see her, I jumped on the idea. 

  As soon as I saw Lea, I knew there was something special about her. The poor thing had been through so much, but she still had a smile about it. She put so much work into being a directioner, and the only one that cared was Annie. I didn't want to leave her. I wanted to hug her, like this, forever.

  But it was heart wrenching because I had a feeling she didn't want me. She talked to Louis and Liam a lot. Even Zayn was showing an intrest. I know the lads would never want to do that to their ladies, but.. I had a sinking feeling.

  We went downstairs to investigate a crash we heard, and it turned out Zayn found a mirror and tried to hug himself. He ended up breaking the mirror, and waking up Annie's mum. I saw Harry hiding on the couch, pretending to sleep, and I looked at him.

  "Harry?" I whispered.

  "Shh..." 

  "Why you hiding?"

  "I don't wanna get in trouble with Annie's mum."

  "Oh. Okay." I sauntered away from him, pretending he was sleeping. 

  "Well, Louis, you should stay here and keep Zayn under control. Let's go upstairs." Lea had started out the door, so we followed. 

  She looked so tired, and we'd all had a long day, so I took her hand and tucked her in. I kissed her forehead, but she was already out. I turned off her light and closed her door. I definitely had some sort of feeling for her.

  I went to sit on the couch with Liam, but he was asleep too. I decided I should try to sleep. I laid down on the pullout couch and closed my eyes. I was hungry because I hadn't eaten in a while, and I loved food more than Zayn loves himself. 

  I got up and raided the fridge. Her mum had gone shopping, so there was loads more food than before. I found a decent hot pocket and put it in the microwave. I sat on the counter like Lea was earlier and waited for it to heat up. 

  I thought about Lea's story. She loved her father so much, but he didn't want her as a daughter, but as a toy. It made me think. It made me truly appreciate my dad that much more. My mum always taught me girls weren't toys, so never play with them. Never hurt them. Her story reminded me of a friend I had when I was little who was beat by her dad. 

  It wasn't right. No one should be treated like that, especially some one who only wants to be loved. 

  The microwave beeped and I took it out. It was hot, but I ate it anyways. After opening the cupboard where the rubbish bin was kept, I decided it was full, so I took it outside. I threw it away, and went back upstairs.

  I know being temporarily stuck in an elevator with someone should have scared me, but I honestly was most grateful for the chance to cheer up Lea. She was so sad, but making her smile warmed my heart. When I was with her, I felt like I needed to hold her. To be close to her. Like leaving would put a hole right in my heart and leave it there forever. 

  I sat on the sofa and laid back.  I rested my eyes for a while, but I couldn't sleep. I turned on the television and hoped to find something even remotely entertaining. I found a show about a cooking battle and left it. I listened to them fret over every little detail and smiled. This is the kind of thing Annie had mentioned her and Lea wanted to do. Lea would be a baker. Annie would be the chef.

  I thought about waking up with Lea in my arms, and walking with her down to her bakery and eating pastries for breakfast, and listening to Liam complain about us eating sweets for breakfast. I would kiss her on the nose, and tell her it was okay, and it was delicious. I would put on an apron and follow her back to the kitchen, and fetch her things to help her cook. I'd look at her and smile at the little frown of concentration on her face.

  She'd ask for the flour, and I'd grin. I'd ablige, and pass her the flour, but then I'd throw some at her. She'd laugh, throw some back and try to finish her pastry. She'd finally get it in the ovens, and she'd turn around to me throwing a handful of flour at her. She'd laugh again so hard she'd snort. She wipes her face off just in time to get to the counter and talk to a customer. 

  The customer's a friend she had from school. They talk a minute, and the girl asks, "Is it true Niall's here?" She grins and calls me. I walk out, covered in flour and shake the girls hand. I put my arm around Lea, and the girl blushes. She asks for an autograph from me, but I make Lea give her one as well. 

  After a while, we get hungry again so we head to Annie's restaurant across the street, and Harry's juggling salt shaker's and singing Happy Birthday to a little girl in row twelve. I hold Lea's hand and we walk back to find Annie. She smiles and tells us our dinner's gonna be ready soon. 

  We eat dinner, and it's amazing. I smile afterwards, and just before they close the restaurant, I kneel down and ask her to marry me. Liam brings me my guitar, Louis and Zayn bring in a cake, and we sing her a song. 

  I fell asleep with a goofy grin on my face.

  When I woke up, Liam told me we had to go, so I ran to the fridge to eat something. Liam came out of the hallway looking scared.

  "What's wrong?" I closed the fridge for a minute stupidly. 

  "Nothing. It was nothing." He shook it off and grabbed my shoulder. "We need to go. Come on!" We got in the car, and Lea sat next to me and Zayn. 

   There was a car following us, (rather recklessly) and when I tried to ask who it was, Harry pulled something cute with Annie, which I wished I could do with Lea. Then Liam was talking, and I was so tired I couldn't butt in. Instead, I closed my eyes. They had been talking for a while, and I really was trying to listen, but I was SO tired. 

  "Well Niall? Aren't you gonna tell her anything?" Louis said. 

  There was so much I wanted to say. So much I wanted to just pour out, but I couldn't find the words. I was blank. 

  "Uh.. What they said."

  "Thanks..." She said. She sounded sad. I felt terrible. I felt like crying.

  As soon as the car stopped, I made a run for it. I ran to the bus without a final goodbye. Annie and Lea climbed into who I assumed to be their designated driver's car, the one that followed us. Then I watched as they drove away. (Rather recklessly.)

  I'm such an idiot. Why couldn't I just tell her! 

  "Wow Niall. You're playing with your food! Why aren't you eating?!" Liam asked in our hotel. He sounded genuinely upset by it.

  "I... I..." I sucked in a breath. "I think I'm in love with Lea."

  Hey Guys! I hope I've kept your intrest so far! It might get a little "boring" for a while, but I have a plot going, so stick with me! It will get better! xx :) ~PrincessHoran87