Chapter Two

Remy curled up in his bed and started to write. He wrote about his first day of high school till he got a text from a random number.

Hey. It read. He was confused, for he hadn't met anyone at school who he exchanged numbers with.

Who is this? He sent it and waited for a response. It came quicker then he anticipated.

I go to school with you. He was getting pretty freaked out.

I'm homeschooled.

No, you're not. Relax, I am not stalking you. I just saw how lonley you looked, and I am dating one of your old friends. That's how I have this number. I am lonely too and thought we could be friends.

Well, he couldn't see how much harm this could do. They were right, he was a little lonely. He tried to make friends but most people didn't pay very much attention to him. So, he might as well take advantage of this situation. They are obviously interested in getting to know him, so why not get to know them too? He wasn't going to give them his address or anything.

Do I know you? Have you ever spoken to me before?

No.

Boy or girl?

Girl. Well, shoot. He wasn't getting a boyfriend out of this. He just prayed he would get a friend. Then, another text came in. Crap, I need to go. Text you later.

Bye. What was he getting himself into?

¤¤¤

Adam was walking to the nurse's office, or rather limping. Between classes some kid decided to beat him up. He had never gotten beat up before, only teased. Now he can say from experience that getting beat up is much worse.

When he got into the nurse's office the nurse was going to call his parents but he intercepted and said that he was fine and could just go back to class. He really wanted to leave school, but it probably wouldn't do anything. He would be in pain anyways, it's not like anyone there would care.

"Are you sure?" He nodded and made his way to his locker. Inside his locker was a picture of his parents and him when he was 3. His eyes welled up with tears as he tore it down. Why did he even put that up in the first place? To imagine a life where his family wasn't a complete mess? Because all it has accomplished is reminding him of the fact that his life will always suck. If he didn't show up at school tomorrow, nobody would care. If he didn't ever come home from school, his mom would probably be relieved. Sometimes he wished he could just, vanish.

But right now he had to get to Calculus.

¤¤¤

Astrid took a fistfull of her goldfish and shoved it into her mouth. When she started dating Alex after the party where they kissed in spin the bottle she sat with him and his friends, but he tended to ignore her and talk with them about stuff she didn't really care about. And whenever they went anywhere with his friends it was really dull. Sure, their normal dates were fine but she would really rather be hanging out with her friends. So she got up, took all of her stuff with her and left.

"Babe, where are you going?" He asked, suddenly paying attention to her.

"I'm leaving. You guys are ignoring me." He turned and said something to his friends quickly before turning back. They laughed. She didn't need to be a genius to see that he made a joke about her. He tried to get her attention. She ignored him. "Why are you suddenly leaving?"