Prologue

"First things first I'ma say all the words inside my head, I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been

"First things first I'ma say all the words inside my head, I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been."

Till hopped onto her bike. She was going to upgrade to a Triumph Bonneville T100 today, similar to her sister's. Not the most unique ride, for it's a common thing on the road, but she adored the idea of owning one. As she fastened her helmet, she heard her mom calling. Eloise Ryan, a basic mom. She loved her. But she pissed her off a lot.

"Tilly, honey. Get off the bike and come inside. You dad is worried about you," She lied. Till's dad wasn't worried about her. He practically lived in his office.

Till sighed. "Yeah, and um why would he be? I told him last year I was saving up and wouldn't let it go," She retorted.

"Well your father tends to forget things." This time it was not a lie. Well accept when it comes to his job.

"Fine. We can go with that." As she walked up to the table her dad sat straight up in his chair, which naturally was at the head of it.

She sat down."Scintilla," He said. She gave a weak smile and leaned back in her seat.

"After dinner I am going out to get my new bike, that's fine right?"

"Wow. I'm impressed with how you saved all that money. But as you are not allowed to ride without our permission, I will suggest you use that money for college," He stated. Was he serious?

She leaned forward."But, I worked hard! All that is left is the form you need to sign and for me to buy it! Mom, can you sign it?" Till said enraged.

"Sorry honey. I will only sign it if your father will." At this point, Till was so upset she couldn't think clearly. Tears flooded her eyes.

"Well maybe I want to be like Kathy!"

"This conversation is over."

"Yeah. So is my stay at this hell-hole." She ran up to her room and started grabbing everything and shoving it into her hiking backpack. When she finished packing she climed out the window and hopped on her bike.

The ride to her sister's was long but it was all worth it when Kathy opened the door. Till burst out crying. But her sister wrapped her arms around her and she felt more safe then she had in her whole life.

¤¤¤