Chapter 13: Back Home Again in London

“Okay, so how many weeks do we have before the tour starts up?” I asked Niall as I sat down on our couch from the flight from Ireland. After mine and Niall’s date, we acted like the friends we were before we left. I mean, yeah, we still told each other we loved each other and we kissed each other, but he wasn’t my boyfriend. For all I know, he could be going out on dates with me, then going to be with some other girl. Although, I highly doubt that since we live together. I’m probably over thinking this again. I’ve done that quite a bit in the past week.

Niall snapped me out of my thoughts, “We start getting ready for it tomorrow and the first show is a week from today.”

“That’s not much time to prepare,” I admitted. I was incredibly nervous and I had less than a week to get ready?! Oh my gosh.

“Don’t worry about it. You’ll be amazing, I already know it.” He reassured me. I hope he was right.

“So you can see the future or something?” I asked. Curious as to how he knew I would be amazing.

“Because I know you. You’ll stress about a situation, but when it comes to the actual performance, you’ll blow minds. You’re incredible. I don’t know anyone that wouldn’t be impressed by your voice.”

“I know some people. Fans. One Direction’s fans. They won’t even hear me and they’ll judge me. Especially when they find out about ‘us’.” I mumbled the last part to myself. I wasn’t sure I was ready to receive hate yet.

“What do you mean ‘us’?” Oh crap, he heard that part.

“Well.. What I meant was.. I’m not sure.” I said, shaking my head. I sat up and kept my eyes focused on the bottom hem of my shorts. I couldn’t find the words that needed to be said. “I mean, the fans know I’m your best friend and I get some hate from that. I can’t even begin to imagine the hate I would get if they found out I was something more than that.” The tears in my eyes were threatening to fall. Niall came over and sat next to me.

He wiped a tear from my cheek and made our eyes meet. “Hey?”

I looked down again. I didn’t want him to see me cry.

“Jayden?” He said quietly. I looked up at him. “The so called ‘fans’ aren’t truly our fans. If they were, they would accept you as my best friend, or more than best friend. And you’re Jayden Parker, you’ve never let the hate get to you  before. Why should this time be any different? And the boys and I will always be here for you.” He hugged me.

“Thanks Niall.” We stayed next to each other for at least another twenty minutes. We weren’t say anything because nothing needed to be said. When I was with him, I felt safe.

“Okay everybody! Boys, get off the stage. I only want Jayden and the band.” Their stage manager, Raegen, told them.

“You can do this. Remember, it’s just a practice.” Niall whispered in my ear.

“Niall! Go!” Raegen yelled at him.

“I’m going!” Niall yelled back at her before kissing me on the cheek and leaving the stage.

I turned towards Raegen as the boys walked off the stage. She started talking really fast, “You’re singing ‘My Wish’, then we’re going to have you sing a Cher Lloyd song or Katy Perry because Niall said you love them. So yeah, okay. Guys, start the song.” Raegen handed me a microphone and left the stage. She left me with Jon, Josh, Dan, and Sandy. Luckily, there wasn’t an audience. Just the guys and everyone that had to work backstage, and yet I was still nervous. The band started the first few notes and it was just me. I got through the first song and into the second when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked over and saw Niall and the other guys standing next to me. I finished the song.