Chapter 6: Best Friend Day

Sorry it's so late!

"So what are you gonna do?" Lily asked me after I finished telling her about Niall.

I played with my thumbs, "I don't know. I know he won't date me. We're best friends."

"You don't know that." She said and put her hand on my knee, comfortingly.

"But I also don't know what he would do. If I told him I didn't just want to be friends and he didn't feel that way, then what? I just can't do that." I said and looked at her.

"But what if he feels the same way?" She asked. I put my head back down and thought about her question.

I looked at my iPhone for something to do. Three texts from Louis, one from Liam, and two from Niall.

From LouBoo: "I want a rematch."

From LouBoo: "I declare a war!"

From LouBoo: "JayBay. You're not replying. DO YOU NOT LOVE ME ANYMORE?!"

To LouBoo: "Of course I love you LouBoo! And no, you can't have a rematch. Niall and I beat you fair and square!" I hit send and smiled at the silly boy. Err silly man.

From Liam's Awesome: "Zayn is chasing me with a spoon. :( Help me get his hair products?"

To Liam's Awesome: "Ask Dani! I'm with Lil or else I would Li."

From Niall My Favorite Leprachaun: "Need me to pick you up? Our flat feels more empty than ever now that you're gone." I smiled at Niall's text. He's never said that to me, but I'm sure he just means he misses his best friend. Yeah, that's it. He just misses his best friend.

To Niall My Favorite Leprachaun: "Pick me up at Lily's. Watch another movie tonight and a best friend day tomorrow?" I hit send.

From Niall My Favorite Leprachaun: "Be there in a little bit. And yes, definitely. Best friend day. :)"

I looked at Lily who was focused on her iPhone, "Niall's coming to get me." I stood up.

"When are you going to tell him?" She asked me as we walked to the door of her flat.

"I don't know yet. Maybe after the tour. That way I can see if the feelings are real and if he doesn't feel the same way, it won't ruin the tour." I told her as I hugged her.

"Great idea," She mumbled.

From Niall My Favorite Leprachaun: "Here!"

"Okay, well Niall's here. I'll text you," I told Lily before I left the apartment. I went to the stairs since I didn't really feel like waiting on the lift. I just wanted to see Niall again.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Niall leaned up against his car on his phone. His hood was up with a snapback on his head and he had sunglasses on.

"Woah, calm down." I said to myself as I walked over to Niall.

"Hey, Ni!" I said when I stood next to him.

His whole expression brightened when he saw me. "Hey, Jay," He said as he hugged me tightly. "Miss me?"

"Of course," I said and let go of him to go to the other side of the car. "Did you miss me?" I asked and smiled at him.

"Nope," He lied.

I put my hand on my heart, "Ouch, that hurt."

He laughed his adorable little laugh and I smiled at him. I had to face the facts. I loved this kid more than a best friend. He means so much more to me than that. My smile dissappeared as I thought about the fact that Niall didn't feel the same way I did.