Peter sat in quiet thought before saying "left cabinet in the island"

Tony nodded and left the room without another word. The sound of clanging metal and a few curses made Peter question if Tony really was the best choice to take care of him. But it only took the billionaire fifteen minutes to make chicken noodle soup and butter bread. So Peter metaphorically shrugged and tried to fall asleep. It didn't work since Aunt May called less than two minutes later.

"Hey, Peter. How ya feelin'?"

"I'm feeling better, It'll be a miracle if Tony doesn't break anything. I thought he was gonna burn the apartment down just trying to make soup!" May winced as she heard Peter's scratchy voice.

"I HEARD THAT!" Tony screamed as he tidied up the kitchen.

Peter simply rolled his eyes and ignored him. "How's work?" he managed to croak out. Even sick and half dead he was concerned about others. Unbeknownst to the sick teenager, May smiled at his selflessness.

"I'm doing fine, Peter. I'm more concerned about you. Oh! before I forget, Ned said he would drop off your homework for you. And can you ask Tony to call you in sick. I forgot to do that earlier and I don't have time now."

"Are you sure the school is going to believe Tony Stark is calling in sick for me?"

"Well...no but if there is any trouble call me and I will get it all sorted out. Ok? I larb you"

"I larb you, too, aunt May"

"feel better soon, Peter. I'll see you at 8. Let me know if you need anything or if Tony has to leave, ok?"

"Ok, May. Bye"

"Bye"

"So I'm gonna assume May doesn't trust me to keep you alive for a day, huh?"

Peter jumped slightly at the figure standing in his doorway. "Aah! How long have you been standing there?!"

Tony moved further into the room to sit on Peter's bed. "Since you doubted the school and my persuasion." he looked down at Peter's blanket. "nice sheets by the way. had to put your hero on there huh?"

Peter had forgotten about the iron man sheets May had gotten him as a joke after he told her about the Stark internship. "Well May picked them out but they didn't have Tony Stark internship sheets so she went for the next best thing" he gave a sheepish smile at his beaming mentor.

"don't be embarrassed, kid. I might convince pepper to get some but she'll say I'm egotistical or some made-up word" Tony joked. "I'm gonna go call your school, okay? May said you needed to take some medicine or whatever but whatever you have won't be strong enough so Happy is on his way with the stuff I made. I'll be in the kitchen if you need anything." He stood up and ruffled the teen's hair before exiting to the kitchen.

All Peter could think was Ned was never gonna believe this.

------------------------------------

"Midtown High School. This is Sharon speaking. How may I help you?"

"Hi, Sharon. this is Tony. I'm calling in for Peter Parker. He's sick and will not be coming to school today."

"Are you his guardian?"

"no. that's May Parker. I'm Tony, his emergency contact. may had a problem at work and didn't have time to call in"

the sound of clacking keys filled tony's ears as the receptionist looked Peter up in the directory. "Is this Tony stark?"

"Yes"