Chapter 5

Isabelle hid in the toilet, she leaned against the door and tried to regain her ragged breath. She vividly remember the warmth of Ashton's hand when he touched her cheek. She recomposed herself quickly and headed back to his office to see him on the phone. His face is stone cold and expressionless and Isabelle couldn't help but wondered who is on the other end of the phone.

After he ended the call, Ashton said coldly to Isabelle, "I'm going to an emergency meeting, you start sorting out all my files in alphabetic order. I expect my office to be clean and tidy when I get back, now get out of my way. " He walked out, ignoring her response and brushed past her. His sudden cold attitude surprised her, she did read on the tabloids before that Ashton tend to become cold and harsh when he's working yet he is still arrogant at the same time. She shrugged it off and started working on the files she had to sort out.

************************************

Ashton wanted to chase after Isabelle when she ran into the toilet, but then he received a call from Leonard Matthews, CEO of Matthews Corporation. Matthews Corporation is the second biggest company right below Hall Corporation, Leonard is considered a threat to Ashton so he was forced to be partners with him as it's better to be partners than rivals. Ashton hated working with him as Leonard is a cruel and harsh businessman.

" Hello Leonard, what brings you to call me today? "

" Hello to you too Ashton, I will be forward to you as usual, I've decided to end the partnership between us as I wanted to bring my company to a higher level so us being partners isn't a really good idea. Everything has been settled so all you have to do is signing the contract, you have to sign it or else. I will meet you at your company's meeting room five minutes later, see you there. "

He hung up not waiting for Ashton's reply. Ashton was so furious about the whole thing that he treated Isabelle coldly and rudely too. He entered the meeting room and saw Leonard sitting there looking so proud that he wanted to punch off the smirk on his face. He cleared his mind about punching Leonard and regained his cool. Let the meeting with the devil begin.

************************************

Isabelle finally sorted out all the files and when she checked her watch it was already lunch time. Her phone vibrated, indicating that she just received a text message.

If you haven't noticed, it's your lunch time now. You're arranged to have lunch with my secretary and she's apparently waiting for you outside my office now.

- Ashton -

She didn't bothered replying to his message although it will be rude but she didn't care. She quickly grabbed her clutch and dashed out to find a young and beautiful brunette waiting for her patiently.

" Hi! You must be Isabelle Parker! My name is Sarah Lancaster, just call me Sarah. Mr Hall sent me to have lunch with you and after lunch I'm supposed to give you a tour around the office in case you get lost in this," She stopped mid sentence and waved her hand around the office," hugeee building." Sarah said cheerfully,  grinning at Isabelle. Isabelle warmed up to Sarah instantly.

"Thanks for bringing me out for lunch, you can just call me Belle if you want to, I hope I didn't bothered you."

"Oh it's no big deal, plus I want to know more about you. Apparently you made a good first impression to all of us, you managed to get the receptionist fired and made Mr Hall be so concerned about you in your first day of work, me and the other employees are impressed as Mr Hall never showed any other emotions except his cold expression to his employees." Sarah chuckled. " Even his former PA didn't even get his attention once but mind you, all his previous Personal Assistant are all fake, bitchy and sluts."

Isabelle blushed embarrassingly, and Sarah laughed, " Well enough of the Vanessa incident and Mr Hall's ex-PA, I know a place nearby that serve heavenly food and it's affordable too, shall we?"

Isabelle agreed and they went to a restaurant called Golden Union Fish Bar. They walked in and Sarah led her to a table full of people that Isabelle recognized them as the employees of Hall Corporation. Sarah facepalmed herself, " Shit, Belle, I forgot to tell you that we'll be eating with the others, I'm so sorry!!" She apologized, " I understand if you want to have lunch at another place or at another table, I won't mind. "

Isabelle assured Sarah which was freaking out, "Sarah, calm down. I don't mind and I can get to know more people from work, let's grab a seat." They sat down at the two empty seats and everyone else at the table introduced themselves to Isabelle. They were so warm and welcoming that she felt loved. She never had this kind of feeling after her parents passed away. They didn't forget to praise her for getting Vanessa fired. All the other employees hated Vanessa from the start and were all waiting secretly for her to get fired. After a hearty and cheap meal, Sarah showed Isabelle the way around the office. There is a gym and a game room for the employees to use when they have a break and also a swimming pool at the rooftop.

When the tour ended as Sarah still have work to do, Isabelle went back to Ashton's office and saw Ashton sitting in there working hard on his computer. She knocked on the door and walked in, " Good afternoon Mr Hall, I have already sorted out all the files and cleaned the office, is there anything else I need to do?" Ashton looked up from his computer, " Well your desk is located outside my office so you go ahead and arrange your things. I will buzz you when I need your assistance, go and do it now. "

Isabelle turned and started leaving when Ashton called her back. " I'm sorry for being so rude to you this morning, the company had some major problems that I need to deal with so I was in a foul mood, I apologize sincerely. " Although his eyes were glued to the computer screen, she can still see the tips of his ears getting red and she smiled to herself. Ashton is too proud and arrogant so him apologizing is a very rare thing. " It's okay Mr Hall, I mean Ashton, I've forgotten about that already, the past is the past so let's get on with it. I will go back to arrange my desk now."

The rest of the day went smoothly and soon Isabelle was permitted to leave. She grabbed a Chinese takeout before walking back home. She watched some TV and checked her phone for any message when she sat on the couch eating her dinner. She saw that she received a message from both Alyssa and Ashton. She clicked on Alyssa's first.

Hey babe :* How's your first day at work? Any interesting news?? Isn't Ashton sexy wearing a suit and tie working?? ;) Text me the details, wait no I will just meet you for lunch tomorrow, your break is from one o'clock till two thirty right?

- Alyssa the Sexiest woman on Earth-

Isabelle laughed at her name and texted back a reply, agreeing to lunch with her. She then clicked on Ashton's message.

Angel, I hope you enjoy your day here in Hall Corporation, can't wait to see you at work tomorrow. Xx

- Ashton -

Isabelle blushed at the kiss he sent at the end of the message. The thought of him kissing her made her body heated up. She controled her raging hormones and decided it's time to sleep. She changed into her sexy nightgown before replying Ashton and went to bed, anticipating what's yet to come tomorrow.

700 reads!!!! *insert happy emojis here*

I'm super sorry for the really late post but I had food poisoning and stayed in my bed for days :(  To make up for the late post I will try to post two chapters next week :)) Wish me luck and love you all amazing readers ♥♥

Vote, comment and follow me :)

♥ Belle ♥