Chapter 4

Ashton's P.O.V.

When I knocked on the door of my future Personal Assistant, I was disgusted. I can't believe the dump she's living in! The moment I entered the apartment, an awful and nauseating stench of stale beer and smoke filled my nose. The elevator is filled with empty beer bottles, cigarette butts and it smelled like some drunk guy took a piss in there. When Isabelle opened the door, I was shocked again, this time by how beautiful she looks. Her long brown hair, her dark chocolate eyes, so big and innocent, and her curves, so damn sexy. Her long skinny legs, she should be a model instead of my PA, she looks so gorgeous! Good thing she was too busy checking me out to find me checking her out. I smirked at her, "Are you done checking me out? I'm a busy man you know."

She looked super adorable when she blushed. Stop it Ashton William Hall! You're becoming a pussy! She's just another girl, you don't need her since you have so many hot girls after you. My brain told me but my heart said otherwise. I briefly told her about her job and decided to leave. Honestly speaking, I was pleased when she said she don't have a boyfriend, I don't have to worry about any other guys snatching her away from me.

************************************

I worked every day,  even on Sundays. I was engrossed in my work when there's a knock on my office door. "Come in, " I said with my authoritative tone. Cameron Cooper walked in, he has been my best mate since we were young, he is the heir of Cooper Industries, hot, handsome and not to say a womanizer. I admit, I was a womanizer before, but that was the past. After I took over Hall Corporation after my dad stepped down, I stopped all my womanizing behaviour. Cameron spoke,

" Yo mate, fancy going shopping with me at Westfield London? My mum's birthday is next week and she has been mentioning about a bag she saw there last time, so I'm going to buy that for her and I bet you forgot to buy her a gift. So what do you say?"

I mentally slapped myself, how can I forget Aunt Evelyn's birthday??  "Sure, but wait until I finished my work here alright? " I quickly finished my work and went to shop for the perfect gift. Cameron bought the bag his mum wanted and I got her a beautiful emerald necklace. When we were planning to leave, I saw Isabelle in front of me with a red-haired girl. I overheard their conversation by accident, and they were talking about Isabelle's secret obsession for lingerie. Hell, looks like my PA isn't that innocent as she looks like after all, I smirked to myself. Cameron nudged me, "Mate, who are you smirking at?" He looked over to Isabelle and gave out a soft whistle, "That's one hot girl over there, no wonder you're staring after like a prey, I call dibs after you're done with her." He winked at me.

I felf a surge of anger and jealousy flowing through me, "Back off Cameron, she's mine," I snarled, "I'm not a womanizer anymore and you know it. Even when I'm finished with her which I won't, you don't stand a chance,  understand?"

Cameron took a step back, shocked by my words.Why did I feel so protective and possessive whenever Isabelle is around me? She just seemed so fragile and delicate that I want to protect her no matter what it cost. Cameron spoke, snapping me out of my thoughts, "Sorry, I didn't mean to get you so riled up, I didn't know she meant so much to you. "

I sighed, running a hand through my hair, "No worries mate, it's my fault too. As an apology, let's go to that newly opened French restaurant, my treat."

Isabelle's P.O.V.

I woke up at seven in the morning, quickly got ready for my first day at Hall Corporation. I wore a long-sleeved white blouse and a black pencil skirt Alyssa bought for me yesterday. Putting on some light makeup and tying my hair up into a simple ponytail, I put on my gold-strapped Jimmy Choos, grabbed my black clutch and phone, then headed off. I decided to walk to Hall Corporation as it's only a twenty minutes walk. Arriving at Hall Corporation, I was blown away by the magnificence of the building. I walked inside and over to the receptionist, and was greeted by a fox-like lady, I wonder how her skin breathes beneath all that makeup caked on her face.

"Welcome to Hall Corporation, how can I help you?" She greeted me with a bored tone. "Excuse me but I was wondering where Mr Hall's office will be, I'm his newly hired PA." I said as politely as I could.

"His office is located at the most top floor of the building which is Floor 84. I wonder how you got in though, definitely not by your looks obviously," With a flick of her hair, she carried on, "You look so boring, who ties ponytails to work nowadays? We fashionable females have our hairs designed by the most famous hair stylist in London unlike you, you're so outdated." She rolled her eyes and examined her long red manicured nails which reminded me of witches with big, ugly-looking warts all over their faces. I opened my mouth to retort, but was cut off by a voice that made me shut it and sent chills down my spine.

Ashton's P.O.V.

Today is Isabelle's first day working as my PA, I can't wait to see her sitting at the desk outside my office. The meeting that was supposed to be held today was cancelled so I will be the one to introduce Isabelle around my company not my secretary. I walked in the lobby and spotted Isabelle by the reception desk. I approach her and heard Vanessa, my receptionist insulting her. My blood boiled furiously as Vanessa kept on talking about Isabelle's look.

"Isabelle is perfect as she is now, unlike other girls that put on so much makeup to cover up their own insecurities. " My voice cold as ice, drawing the attentions if my other workers. Vanessa gasped, her face paled tremendously while Isabelle blushed from my compliment on her look just now.

"I will not tolerate the behaviour of my employees insulting each other, especially when they just humiliated my PA. Vanessa, pack your stuff and leave, you're no longer working for me. Isabelle, follow me to my office." I walked away with Isabelle trailing after me, but Vanessa yanked Isabelle's hair hard and slapped her on the face, leaving red marks on her right cheek.

"You bitch!! If it wasn't for you I won't be fired!! You better watch your back!!! I will not forget you!! Rot in hell!!" She screamed hysterically as my guards dragged her out of the building. I ushered a still shaken up Isabelle into my private lift, ignoring the stares of my employees. She stayed quiet the whole ride up to my office, holding her slightly swollen cheek. I led her into my office, peeled her hand off her cheek gently and inspected the marks on her face.

She peeked at me underneath her long eyelashes, I barely controled myself as I put some ointment on her cheek. "Thank you so much Mr Hall, for defending me just now from Vanessa." Her voice came out breathy as I stroked her face tenderly, careful not to hurt her, I whispered softly to her, "Remember what I said last night Angel? Call me Ashton when there's only two of us."

" Yes Mr Hall- I mean Ashton, " She shivered under my touch, making my breathing hitch. As if sensing the thick sexual tension filling the room, she stepped back away from me, then rushed out from my office flushed, leaving me standing there remembering how warm and soft her skin felt.

Here you go, Chapter 4 is up!!!!

I've reached 400 reads, all thanks to you all wonderful people out there ~~

Anyway sorry for not updating the story so fast as I have a lot of projects to complete. This chapter is definitely longer than the others and I hope you all will like it, virtual hugs and kisses for all of you amazing people ♥♥

Vote, comment and follow me :)

♥ Belle ♥