Chapter 4

Chapter 4

It's almost been a week since the incident. Nathan was back at work, working as usual and living his life, acting like nothing is bothering him. But the truth is, there is. He knows he can't feel this way, but he couldn't help it. Something is going on with that night that he couldn't shake off.

He knows everything was just a one night stand, just a fuck to that man. Nadeem Valentino. But never in his life has he felt so down about it. That man didn't even wait for him to wake up. That man didn't even say anything or let him at least see his face in the morning. He just left him there. He left him to wake up alone.

It's a relief that Nadeem already paid for the room. If not, he would have been sure to go to his office to claim it. It was not his idea to go there. And he's the one who feels the pain up until now. He can't tell anyone about it for sure. He just can't. Especially not his sister. He needs to lie about how he limped a little while walking the next day. Thankfully it's not his first time. The pain is bearable not long after that. Make it easy for him to not talking about it at all.

"Nathan!"

He turned towards his friend, Brendan. Both their shifts ended, and they just changed out of their uniform. "Let's go to a club."

Nathan rolled his eyes. "Again?"

"Yes! I have so much fun last week."

Nathan is not replying. He doesn't even want to reply.

"Oh, come on." Brendan begged. "This time we'll go to a gay one. You need to have fun."

Nathan rolled his eyes again. "You're not even gay."

"And you're not even straight yet you accompanied me." Brendan retorted. "Come on. Let's get laid a little."

"No thanks." Nathan shrugs. "I don't need to be laid right now." Lie.

"Yes, you do." Brendan pokes him. "Come on. You don't have to do much. Just watching some cute boys."

"Fine." Nathan let out a groan when his friend didn't stop poking him. "We'll go then."

"That's my best buddy!"

Nathan sends him a glare. Brendan is an annoying lad. But at the same time, he's kind and understanding. He never once judges Nathan for how he is. He keeps supporting him to the end.

***

The loud sound was banging around the place. Brendan was still having fun even though he's straight. He loves a place like that for sure. He doesn't even care about the people around him. Nathan is having fun himself. He dances and grinds against people randomly. Well, what can he say? It's a place for him.

Sometimes, he felt someone smacking his butt. And he just keeps pressing them more for a tease. He doesn't even realize he was screaming and singing to the music. This time, he is pretty sure he's drinking more than the other night since he can't really control himself.

"Damn..." Nathan goes to the bar counter to drink with heavy breathing. "This is exhausting."

"It seems like you're having fun."

That made Nathan turn to his side. There he is. The man that seems to get his nerve system go weak. Nadeem. Still in his suit.

Nathan blinks. He can't tell whether he's too drunk and start hallucinating or he just too angry at the man in front of him. "I am."

"I'm glad you do."

Nathan rolls his eyes and takes a sip of his drink. "At least I'm not using someone for my sexual needs and leaving him."