Chapter 2

The sound of the phone ringing, making Nathan let out a loud groan. He kicks the mattress down to the floor. He was so happy his shift will be in 7 more hours, and he could sleep in. But the phone making him wish that he turn it off last night. But he's too tired to do so. And now, he got the consequences.

His eyes are barely open when he glances at the nightstand—trying to figure out if the phone is there or not. Without further ado, he reaches for it and slides to answer the call.

"What?!"

"Nathan!!" Natalie, her sister's voice, is screaming on the line.

"Fuck off!"

"No, no, no... Please, Nate. I need you!"

"At -" He pulls away to look at the clock on his phone before continue talking, "8 in the morning?!"

"I have a big meeting today, Nate. And I left the documents in my room. Please... I need it!"

"Call the documents then. Not me." Nathan closes his eyes to try and get to sleep again.

"My career is on the line here, Nathaniel! Only five of us will survive this presentation."

Nathan sighs. As much as he hates getting up early like that, he couldn't risk her sister losing her job. He still depends on that woman for a living. So, he needs to help in order not to work more than one job now. Besides, he remembers how her sister was so nervous about the presentation. She prepared all night. It couldn't just be destroyed with forgetfulness.

"I'll be there in one hour."

"Make it half!" Natalie screams before cutting off the line.

Nathan grumbles, throwing his phone aside before going to take a quick shower. He does not even bother to look for something decent to wear. He grabs anything he sees and put it on. He runs to her sister's room to get the documents before taking his wallet and locking the door.

Thankfully it's not so hard to get a taxi. And the road seems to understand their problem. God probably have mercy for them. It's so smooth with no traffic jam. Just ten minutes later, the taxi drops him off in front of a huge building. He was in awe for a second. He could never think that her sister could be working in such a place.

It makes him hesitate to walk in. He starts cursing at himself because he chose to wear whatever he got. He's supposed to wear something that would never embarrass himself. He walks towards the main entrance. People are standing in a certain place talking about something important only they can understand.

Nathan sighed. If not because of his sister begging over the phone to send the document that she had forgotten at home, he would have never been here. The white envelope was clenched tight in his hand when he looks around, then go straight to the reception desk.

The lady standing there seems to have noticed him ever since the beginning and just waiting for the approach. "Hello, sir. May I help you?"

"Hello. Um... May I see Natalie Reed?"

"From which department, sir?" The lady asked politely.

"Er..." Nathan tried to remember if his sister ever told him which one. "I... Don't know, though."

The lady shot him a polite smile. "I can't call every department to ask if Natalie Reed is there."

Nathan sighed. "I'll make a call." He turned around only to pull out his phone and dial his sister's number. "Oh, come on..." He stomped his foot patiently. His eyes are wandering around, hoping his calls would reach his sister.

"Good morning, boss."

Nathan turned around when he heard the sound of someone greeted. It was only to see a very tall, muscular man at the place where he was standing just a second ago. He was wearing a black suit, his hair neatly wax, and two guys were standing by his side. His expression is cold and serious, while his hands are so busy buttoning his coat.

For a second, Nathan stands there speechless. He doesn't even remember what he was doing. He stares at the man. He feels like instead of being there, the man should be a model or an actor. After a few more seconds, he snaps back to reality. And he just realized that her sister still not answering the call.

"Sis, come on..." Nathan mumbled alone, still watching the man. If this is an alley, he would have thought the man was a mafia leader. He wasn't holding anything, just adjusting his suit. His suitcase was being held by the person next to him.

"I need to go to my office first, tell them to be ready." The man said before turning around to walked to the elevator. And seriously, his voice matches his face. It was cold and serious.

Just at the exact moment, he turned towards Nathan only to make eye contact with him. He didn't stop walking, but he didn't turn away either. He kept looking at Nathan.

Nathan, on the other hand, almost lost track of time once again. He couldn't describe what he felt. He just froze on the spot. His eyes didn't leave the man until the elevator's door closed, and they broke eye contact. That's when Nathan realized that the operator was already answering his calls.

"Damn it!" he groaned and walked back to the reception, where the same lady greeted him again. "Can you tell me where's the meeting? I need to send this document to my sister, it's important."

"Which meeting?" the lady raises her brow.

"Okay, just how many meetings are there?" Nathan is running his hand through his hair.

The lady glances at the envelope and stops to think. Or maybe debating with herself before pointing at the elevator. "Take that one and go straight to level 5."

"Thank you." Nathan breathed out of relief and ran towards the elevator, pressing the button. He stomps his feet lightly, waiting for it to open. Just right when it's open, he got in and pressed the button for level 5 immediately.

"Nathan!" Natalie ran towards him as soon as the door of the elevator open. "Thank God!"

Nathan rolled his eyes and breathed on relief at the same time. "Do you know how much trouble you gave me today? Next time don't forget something important like this."

Natalie grin from ear to ear showing her teeth. "Oh, come on. I'll treat you to dinner. Please don't be ma – Boss!"

Hearing the word made Nathan turn around. He doesn't know why he thinks he will be in trouble. But what he sees aren't something he's going to forget. There he is, the same man, with a cold expression. Standing in front of the elevator and just walking out of it. All the other workers started standing up.

"I'll see you later." Natalie said in a whisper tone before turning around and walking through the door.

Nathan just shrugged and walked back to the elevator. Of course, with his eyes staring into the man. The smell of the perfume, when they passed each other, almost made Nathan go weak. He pressed the button after got in the elevator.

But before the door close, his eyes meet the man. He almost stunned there, frozen. There's a feeling rushing to his adrenaline that he couldn't be quite sure what is it. But then, what happens next, making him choke on his breath. The man smirks and then wink at him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: Managed to update one. I hope I can update more. Damn it. Work really got me. Please forgive the errors. I can't double check it.

Love, D