Chapter Two

Chapter Two

“What's that supposed to mean?” Elise asked crossly. His answers don’t make any sense!

Instead of answering her, Damon continued to study her. Her midnight black hair matched his, and her brown eyes were so dark, you could barely tell she had a pupil. Just like me…Damon thought, except mine are grey…

“How do you know my name if I never told you?” Elise says confirming that he probably won’t answer her last question.

“Your mom told me without knowing she did so.” Damon said.

“How did she tell you?” Elise answered with a question.

“When you were outside.” Damon says looking out the window.

“When? Today?  What have you done with her?” Elise asked panicky.

Before Damon could say anything she stood up and shot him a worried glance and then tried running out of the house. In mid run Damon grabbed her arm she turned and saw him standing right by her.  Damon spun her around so she was facing him. He wrapped one arm around her waist and led her back into the living room again. She surprisingly didn’t fight back when he did that for she was in shock; all she did was turn back once and seen the door disappear. When they got into the living room he gestured her to the sofa, but this time she didn’t sit down.

Damon sighed. He turned and looked into her eyes and said “I didn’t do anything to your mom; I just learned it when I watched you for a couple years. Okay?” He said it so gentle that it calmed her a bit. But soon that calm turned into alarm.

“You watched me? How!? Why? When? What did-“ Elise started to shoot questions, but Damon slapped his hand over her mouth and massaged his forehead with his other hand.

“Please, shut up… your voice gets so high pitched when you're worried…” he says, closing his eyes. And she closes her mouth and sits down, the whole time Damon kept one hand covering her mouth.

Elise waited a few seconds before she poked his hand. “What?” he snapped, eyes popping open. She pointed to his hand and he slowly removed it, watching her carefully. They stayed like that, just staring silently at each other, for a bit.

“What time is it?” Elise asked gently, not wanting to set him off when he was so calm. Damon flashed out then threw a small object at her. “A phone? Why?”

“It only has calling and texting to specific numbers that I approve of and it has games to pass the time,” he answered, still in the other room.

Glancing at the time, Elise realized that it was eight o’clock pm. She had been there for about eight hours… and now he had given her something to pass the time? “Just how long do you plan on keeping me here?”

Damon just snorted from the other room. “You’ll-“