The Nightingale's Song

Chaneyol sat watching his Baek in the latter's natural habitat. A glass case cut off from the world's clamour, where his beauty and perfection probably belonged, encased and prrotected.

He shook his head before his sentiments overwhelmed him, tweaking his large Yoda ears with his finger letting the pain fight off his reverie. Baekhyun looked nervous. His fingers clutching the mike he gingerly placed the headphones round his ears, getting prepped to record. His widened eyes fell on Chaneyol who held up a thumbs up sign. Baek half smiled. He nodded as the director began his countdown ...He breathed in and out calming his agitated mind. He straightened up, looking straight at Chaneyol as the director mouthed,

3...

2...

1...

The nightingale burst out in full glory.

The listeners sat open mouthed, as his beautiful voice , its cadence touched high and low notes , effortlessly. Chaneyol teared up as Baekhyun sang of a love lost and his ardent plea that it returned.The recording studio metamorphosed into an auditory Eden as the beautiful man with beautiful fingers closed his eyes and sang , pulling at every heartstring on the other side of the glass and letting the music reach the grandeur of the impending crescendo.The music descended on them all, baptising them in its purity and when Baekhyun stopped, there was a pause, pregnant with awe before the standing ovation and cheering began.

Chaneyol swayed on his toes and smiled.

Baekhyun came out timidly, meeting the crew who seemed so excited to have him on board that they shook his hands hard, nearly tearing it off its socket. After the pleasantries and formalities had been accomplished Baekhyun fiddled with his shirt , approaching the one man whose opinion mattered the most to him.

Chaneyollie.

" So, how did I do ?"

Chaneyol leant close to his face, kissing the tip of his nose, watching it go cherry red.

" Amazing, Baekhyunee. Mesmerising."

Baekhyun blushed , pleased and flattered . His smile reached his eyes turning them to two little sparkling diamonds. He stood on Chaneyol's toes , reaching for his face who winced and smiled.

"I want ice cream" Baekhyun demanded, pouting.

" Aww. Okay. You earned it."

" Three flavours. Maybe four."

Chaneyol pinched his cheeks affectionately before he answered in the affirmative.

" You got it, shortbus."