All I needed was you (2) • Nochelle

Start from the beginning

We sit down next to each other, and Noah kisses my cheek from time to time. His soft lips against my skin is one of the best feelings in the world. I feel loved and safe. I wonder what I did to deserve him?

I look to my side and I see Olivia and her squad walking into the cafeteria. They look at me for two seconds, but I instantly look away and pay attention to my friends' conversations. They're on my past.

Noah whispers in my ear, giving me goosebumps "Are you alright?" He certainly also saw them.

I nod "I'm better than alright" I smile and lay it head on his shoulder.

Harley finishes telling her joke, and I burst out laughing, just like everyone else. I stand up, not being able to stop the laughs, and so does Jacquie. She wraps an arm around my neck and we both laugh like crazy. I hide my face on her neck.

After a while, we finally stop laughing and wipe our tears.

"You two always do that!" Finn accuses.

"What we found it funny, we can't control our laughs" I defend us, sitting down next to Noah again.

"Your laugh is the cutest" He comments.

"Noah stop being cute" I joke before kissing him.

***

I'm now I'm my bedroom doing my homework on my desk, which is right in front of the window. The sun is setting, and those golden sun rays hit my face. It's unbelievable how beautiful nature can be.

As I keep on doing my history homework, I hear shouting. What is going on?

I hear more attentively, and realise it's just my parents having another fight. It is so exhausting. All they do is fight and fight. They don't even look in each other's eyes anymore. They haven't kissed in ages. It hurts so much to see them hating each other this much. My heart aches.

I think they're in the living room, and it feels like they won't stop soon. I grab my things and walk down to the kitchen, as fast as I can so just I don't hear them shout at each other.

It's like they don't even care that them going through this divorce hurts me. Do I mean nothing to them?

"I'm done living with you Dennis, I can't take this anymore, I can't okay?? So you either hurry up with signing the damn papers otherwise I'll leave this damn house with Richelle" my mum tells.

"Richelle's my daughter too Raquelle you forgot that??? And you bet I will hurry up this whole divorcing process 'cause you're getting so very unsupportable and unreasonable. I am done Raquelle! If you want to leave, go ahead but don't you dare use Richelle just to win this" My dad yells back.

At this point I'm in front of them, and they don't seem to notice for the first while.

However, they obviously notice my presence. I have tears in my eyes. This is the most hurtful thing I've ever experienced.

Before they could even apologise, I walk to the door and run to the first person I could think of - Noah.

Noah's Point Of View

I was playing PlayStation with my little brother Kingsley, and I was obviously winning the game.

"Noah you're always winning this isn't fair!!" he whines.

"How is it unfair, I'm not even cheating!" I laugh as he tries to hit me.

I shriek and laugh at the same time. However we're soon stopped by our mother.

"Hey hey what is going on here?" my mum asks jokingly.

"Noah was cheating!! He's always winning!" Kingsley answers.