Ugh, men

Alex

  "Hey, Allie. Need some help?"

  I rolled my eyes, faced Rafael who was holding a sword and was smiling stupidly.

  I smiled "No thanks, Raf. I can handle it." I replied sweetly. To prove my point I sliced an einherjar's head off, I guess he was from from Floor 13.
●□●□

  I held a paper bag that had my food in it 'Mmm...' I sniffed the sweet aroma of the chocolate-chip pancakes I bought.

  'I probably should leave some for Hunding." I thought as I grasped the paper bag tightly as I entered the building and saw Hunding with a mournful expression.

  "It's 8 in the morning. Your expression is souring my sweet good mood." I commented jokingly. Hunding grumbled and sighed "Sorry. I guess I've still got that mood after Helgi made me do errands for him."

  I bit my lip and placed the whole paper bag on the counter. "Eh? What's this?" He asked, taking the paper bag. "My breakfast. I guess I'm not in the mood for pancakes anymore." I shrugged and handed him the hot chocolate too.

  I kinda felt a jolt of happiness inside me. Is this what Magnus feels when he's being generous?

  "Thanks, kid!" Hunding exclaimed shoving the pancakes insdie his mouth "And I thought Chase was the only einherjar here that has a streak of generosity!"

●□●□

  "Hey, Alex! Check this out!" Mallory exclaimed as she held a green backless dress that was a little too daring for my taste.

  "Yeah...No. Mack, no offense but I'll look like a stripper! Besides, what'll I use that for?" I asked as I held my phone and tried to hide my embarrassment.

  "You can use it for tonight's dance! Magnus asked you, didn't he? You have to go! Besides it's on sale!" She persuaded. It was true Magnus asked me, but only as friends.

  And dancing sounded fun...

  "I guess..." I took the dress hesitantly and looked at the design. It was green with a sweetheart neckline that was embroidered with emeralds.

  I guess it looked nice...and on sale? It would be a waste if I didn't-

  "You'll look hot in that, baby." Mallory growled at the guy beside me.

  "Fuck off, Aaron."

  "What? I'm just comeplimenting you. Besides you've got curves and a nice ass." Then he came closer and grinned which made me want to punch his perfect teeth.

  "And you'll attract an awfully lot of hotties in that."

  I punched him in the face as the security came in and dragged him away.

  "Wasn't that an einherjar from Floor 25?" Mallory asked as she sheathed her knives. She was planning on stabbing him right there and then bit I (luckily) managed to stop her.

  As much as I hated Aaron, I didm't want Mallory to be a well known criminal.

  "Yeah." Then I gave her back the dress "Alex? What's wrong?" She asked as she took the dress "Nothing..."

  I took my bag and smiled at her "I bette go ahead. I wouldn't want attracting unwanted attention."
●□●□
  "Need help?" I looked up and saw a guy that looked about twenty. Ohhhh boy... I sighed and shook my head "No thanks, I can handle myself." As I held the handbag tighter. It wasn't necessarily mine but it was Mallory's.

  She wanted to try a new 'style' since she's planning on going to  a bar later.

  Suddenly he began stroking my thighs up to my ass "WHAT THE FUCK, DUDE?!" I punched him in the face and kicked his shin and ran out of the elevator.

  What the Hel?! I was pretty sure that the guy back there has a rep of being a "ladies man" I didn't know he had a habit of touching!

  "OW." I yelled as I accidentally bumped into someone "Sorry! I didn't-Alex?" I looked up and took the guy's hand to stand.

  "No Sherlock. I'm Johnny Depp." I rolled my eyes and stood up.

  "Never knew you were a fan of bags." I glared at him and snatched the red handbag from his hands "First off. I'm not a fan of these. And second, it's none of your business, Magpie." I snapped.

  "Sorry... I didn't mean to." He tucked his hands into his jeans pockets and bit his lip like he usually does when he feels nervous or embarrassed.

  My expression softened and I shrugged "Yeah, S'okay." He smiled and ran his hand into his hair.

  "You're doing it again...." I murmured softly.

  He looked at me weirdly and decided not to make it an issue "So, are you going?" He asked

  "What are you-?" Then it hit me

  The dance.