~Chapter 2~

While Grell managed to occupy herself by scrolling through social media, she could hardly contain her excitement. Every ten seconds or so, Grell would glance at the time hoping that it would go by faster just by looking at it. Every minute felt like an hour, and she couldn't stand it.

Twenty minutes had passed since Adrian had sent that text, and Grell grew more anxious than ever.

"Come on..." Grell pleaded to no one. "Where ARE you...?" She grabbed out her phone and was about to send a text to Adrian when there was a knock downstairs.

"It's him!" Grell practically shrieked. She waltzed out her bedroom and dashed down her stairs. Grell opened up her front door to see her smiling lover standing before her.

"ADRIAN, YOU CAME!" Without a moment's hesitation, Grell leaped towards the silver-haired mortician, throwing her arms around his neck and wrapping her legs around his waist. Having done this several times, Adrian gracefully caught the redhead, throwing into a fit of merry giggles as he returned the embrace.

"Now come on in," Grell said when Adrian put her down. "You must be freezing!" She then stepped to the side to allow Adrian to enter the house. After Grell shut the door behind her, she took Adrian's hand and led him up the stairs.

"I'm so glad you stopped by, my darling," Grell let out a sigh. "But I don't want to burden you with my petty problems."

"Oh nonsense!" Adrian responded. "I'm merely happy to see you, Grelly!" When the two lovers reached the top of the staircase, Adrian gripped both of Grell's shoulders, holding her so that she was facing him. "Besides, that William..." Adrian said the name with intense venom. "...is the one forcing you into working overtime. It's no wonder why you can't sleep!"

Grell shook her head and frowned. "Unfortunately, I haven't been able to sleep for these past couple weeks, remember?"

"Oh yes..." Adrian looked lost in thought for a moment, before focusing his attention back to Grell. "Are you sure you don't want me to kick William's arse?" Adrian asked hopefully.

"Adrian!" Grell scolded her boyfriend, delivering a light, playful smack to his shoulder. "What's your problem with that man!?"

"Well... he's boring!" Adrian smiled innocently and shrugged.

Grell rolled her eyes and turned away. But she couldn't help the smile that formed on her face.

"What!? It's true!" Adrian followed the redhead to the bedroom, where they both sat by one another on the edge of the bed. Grell slowly leaned over and rested her head on the mortician's shoulder, filling the silence by humming quietly. Adrian wrapped an arm around Grell and relaxed. They both stayed like that for a minute, before Adrian spoke up.

"You know... there is one way that may help you sleep," Adrian suggested.

Curious, Grell glanced up at her boyfriend. Judging by the sinister smirk growing on Adrian's face, Grell had just the feeling of what he was referring to. The redhead returned the smile, exposing her pearly fangs and she began to trace circles on Adrian's chest in a flirtatious manner.

"Care to give me a demonstration?" Grell purred. She sat upright, allowing Adrian to gently place a long, jet-black nail of his pointer finger under Grell's chin. Grell slowly closed her eyes as Adrian leaned closer to her face, and she melted inwardly when the duo's lips met with one another. The kiss was light and tender at first, but as the moments further progressed, the kiss became more passionate and hungry. Moaning between kisses, Grell scooted closer to Adrian until she was straddling his lap. Adrian took that opportunity to grab Grell by the arms and pin her to the bed. Encouraged by Grell's naughty giggles, Adrian smirked and took dominance from that moment on.

Twenty minutes later, the duo both have finally finished and collapsed next to each other on the bed, fighting to catch their breaths.

"Honey, you have really worn me out," Grell said with a pant.

Adrian grinned with triumph. "That's what I intended to do." He giggled mischievously.

"You should wear me out more often," Grell winked and playfully tapped the tip of Adrian's nose, making him giggle even more. She curled up to Adrian, nuzzling against the crook of his neck.

"You think our little method worked."

"Mhmm..." Grell mumbled. Adrian smiled at that. He reached over to shut off the lamp before falling asleep shortly after.

While Grell was worn out from Adrian's sleep aid method, it wasn't until twenty minutes have passed that Grell realized that while it worked for Adrian, it didn't work for her. Just when she thought she was dozing off, her mind decided to awake itself again and refused to shut down.

Frustration began to conquer Grell all over again. According to the clock, it was close to four in the morning. Because Winter was near, the sky outside was still dark. But that didn't change the fact that Grell gradually had less time to rest. Even if she did manage to sleep, it would only be for a few hours and she would still be exhausted.

Grell sighed, defeated by her insomnia. She wished ever so desperately that she hadn't taken the ability to sleep for granted. She began to forget what it was like to wake up refreshed from a good night's sleep. She looked up at her boyfriend and grew envious of how he could drift off so easily. There was a slight temptation to tell Adrian that their little remedy did not work but Grell couldn't bring herself to waken him. Instead, she laid her head back down and tried to get some rest, even if it meant resting her eyes for a bit

But with each passing hour, Grell only continued to feel more dread. In just a few short hours, she was going to have to go back to work, the last place she wanted to be in. Memories of filling out paperwork after paperwork gave Grell a headache. Things would be significantly better if Grell was able to do field work instead. Life was more exciting when she got to use her death scythe.

Letting out another exasperated sigh, Grell made an attempt to relax and clear her mind by closing her eyes and focusing on Adrian's slow, rhythmic breathing. While Grell was unable to get the sleep that she wanted, at least she had some time to cherish these moments with her lover.