forallourthoughts's Performance

In the Song Covers category, forallourthoughts performs "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen!

Interview Questions:

Why did you choose to cover this piece?

Originally I wanted to do a voice and piano cover, but as I'm sick, I didn't think this would be a good idea. So then I got thinking... Is there a song with a beautiful melody, where the power of the chords would spread its own meaning without needing the lyrics? And then it dawned on me: Bohemian Rhapsody.

What does music mean to you?

I've loved music ever since I was young. With an older father, I was brought up with the songs of Motown and The Beatles. It was amazing being brought into that world, where I could appreciate music that was barely played anywhere apart from in my fathers car. Music brings me into a whole different side of life. It is emotion, feelings, story and art all in one. It's a world I feel everyone should be brought into.

What do you love about performing?

Performing hurts. You open up to thousands of people that you don't know, tell them your story, and then say goodbye. Three heart breaks that performers feed on. It only makes us stronger.That's why we keep doing it.

Who/what are your major artistic influences?

The Beatles, Queen, Abba, Fleetwood Mac, and a lot of folk music. Also local acts, as they show that starting off small can lead to something so much bigger.

Please give a big hand for forallourthoughts!