𝟙𝟛. 𝕋𝕠𝕦𝕣 ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟚

Start from the beginning

When you two arrived to District 12 - your first location - you're face changed to one of discomfort. You noticed how grey the place was, making your lips form into a frown. District 12 was probably the poorest district of all, not given enough help from the Capitol to survive. There was only three victors here, but there would've been 5 had you and Cato not won.

You two sat in the seats in a peacekeeper van, your Capitol escort explaining what would be happening and gave you speeches. You grabbed a speech and read over it, memorizing it very quickly. You thought about changing it up, it felt too Capitol-like. You needed to give District 12 some sympathy.

When the two of you were able to present yourselves, you walked out to the crowd, the mayor announcing your arrival.
"The victors of the 74th Hunger Games, (Y/N) (L/N) and Cato Hadley!" Although, there was barely any clapping, the two of you walked onto the stage, holding each other's hands. Cato looked to see Luna's and Adam's mentors. Katniss and Peeta. They seemed so familiar to Luna and Adam it was almost frightening. Cato turned back to the crowd of swollen, sad, and lonely faces of the crowd. He decided to start off first.

"Thank you. We are honoured to be here to be here. Though Luna and Evan fought with honour and dignity until the end...both of them were so young. But their lives were measured in the ways they touch around us. Without those two, we wouldn't be standing here today." Cato looked at you and held your hand, gazing at you lovingly.

You had nodded to the crowd, saying more emotional things to make the crowd tear up. "The two didn't deserve what happened to them. And... I'm so sorry for their losses. They had brought honour to their families, and good soldiers through and through." And when you said those words, making your voice turn into a soft, gentle tone, oh, the results were pleasant.

People teared up over your kindness. You did feel bad for them, but you didn't know either of the District 12 tributes personally. So it was hard for you to be sincere about it. Thankfully the personality thing you had learned made your act even more convincing.

-

As the tour continued, it was difficult for the two of you to show sympathy for tributes you never even met. When you got to District 2... oh boy. It was not pretty. The crowd applauded wildly when you two entered, as you two smiled and waved to the crowd.

When you went to talk, you felt yourself freeze in place. How the hell would you be able to talk about Clove without crying?! Cato held your hand, rubbing the back of your palm comfortingly with his thumb. You took a few deep breaths, before going to the microphone and spoke.

"Thank you, District 2. I..." You're voice trailed off, looking back to Cato as he kissed your cheek in comfort. You turned back to look at the screen that held Clove, showing her father and mother. You took another deep breath before continuing on.

"I've never felt so grateful in my life. Not just for my life, but for Cato's. But...I've wanted to also honour Clove. She wasn't just our ally, she was our friend. Someone we could trust. And she didn't deserve the death she was given. I wanted to help her win... but she didn't let me. I'm so sorry on behalf of myself...and Cato." You could hear your voice cracking, you saw her father with small tears in his eyes.

When the speeches were over, you two had taken a quick tour around District 2, which was in Cato's mind a date. A date. Like a couple date. He took you to one of his favourite restaurants, and you two had a lovely lunch. Before the train left, Cato and you encountered Clove's dad. He smiled at the two of you.