⠀⠀𝟭𝟱. ❛ RADIATING OFF IN WAVES ❜

Start from the beginning

     Piper looked amused as she checked out Erin's outfit. The other three wore curious looks with brows raised.

     "I didn't know you were here; I thought you were out," Erin spoke, tilting her head.

     "Not anymore, but I brought company. Where are you going in such a hurry? Got a hot date with somebody with your bunny slippers?" the redhead teased, to which her roommate responded with a middle finger.

     "You know what, I don't have time for your sassy antics. I've got a certain West in dire need of my attention," she responded triumphantly.

     Piper gasped. "Would that West member happen to be named Iris? Also known as, and I quote, 'the most beautiful woman to ever walk this Earth and I would give my last dying breath to'?"

     Erin rolled her eyes, glaring at the giggling woman. Barry and Cisco were sharing a sly look as Caitlin grinned.

     "Yes, and if you don't mind, I've got to go see my future girlfriend. Later losers!" Erin yelled, sprinting out of the apartment and past the elevator, going straight for the staircase and dashing down four floors.

     Throwing her phone into the passenger seat of her car, she turned on the ignition and backed out of the parking lot, heading straight for Iris's apartment. A place that she'd been to a couple of times. Ever since the night Zoom attacked Piper, Erin had spent some of her time at S.T.A.R. Labs, coincidentally running into the infamous reporter a couple of times.

     What started as subtle flirting turned into the short-haired woman complimenting and being bold in her attraction toward Iris. At first, she wasn't sure how she would react to a woman hitting on her, but she'd taken it surprisingly well— even flirting back with Erin.

     The two spent a lot of time together, going to get coffee, shopping, cooking, and having Erin watch Iris write articles for CCPN. Erin was more than grateful for Piper because, without her, she may have never met or talked to the woman she was quickly starting to like more and more.

     Within ten minutes of speeding down the streets of Central City, the woman in bunny slippers arrived at the door of Iris West's apartment. Knocking three times, she waited to be let in.

     The door opened to reveal Iris wearing skinny denim jeans, a white tank top, and an emerald green cardigan with necklaces hanging loosely around her neck. She sighed in relief, opening the door wider for Erin to come in.

     Closing the door behind her, she locked it. "I'm annoyed," Iris huffed.

     "Yeah, I can tell by how your eyebrows are doing that cute scrunchy thing," Erin replied, pointing at the girl's forehead. Iris rolled her eyes.

     "My dad's treating Wally as if they're college pals, not father and son. He's ignoring the fact that Wally is involved in something that can get him killed, for crying out loud! He's just chilling in the corner while his son gets to do whatever he wants without consequences or repercussions." Iris ranted, falling onto one of the couches in her living room. Erin slipped off her bunny slippers and sat down next to her. "I mean— I didn't even recognize the Joe West that I had dinner with tonight!"

     Erin looked over at the reporter, frowning. "Iris," she started, getting her to look over at her. "Joe just recently learned that he has a son he barely knows a thing about. He's probably just trying to get Wally to like him in any way he can. You all just lost your mom. I highly doubt Joe's going to allow you both to lose Wally. For right now, you need to let this thing ride out. Let your dad do what he thinks is best, and things will turn around. Just give him time to learn how to deal with all of this. He's struggling, just like you are."