⠀⠀𝟭𝟰. ❛ LISTEN TO YOUR HEART ❜

Bắt đầu từ đầu

     Walking further into the room, Piper could see couples dancing together, a smooth jazz song playing in the background.

     "Cisco, are you and Harry in position?" Caitlin whispered into the comms, her eyes dancing around the room she was in.

     "Yeah, I'm in the security feed. I've got the facial recognition software running, so we'll be able to spot Turtle before he makes his move." Cisco spoke; he and Harry were outside in a S.T.A.R. Labs van.

     A presence came up behind Piper, and she knew who it was. "Black suits you well, doesn't it?" she asked, not bothering to look over her shoulder.

     "Yeah, it does. It suits you just as well, you know. You look drop-dead gorgeous." Jay mused, brushing his hand up against her spine. "I've got a proposition for you, beautiful."

     "Whatever it is, the answer's no," Piper replied, leaving him and making her way through another doorway. The longer she stood and talked to Jay, the more annoyed she became.

     Upon her entrance, Barry looked up from the table he stood next to, lowering his drink. His eyes were fixated on her, moving up and down her figure. Piper Lita looked breathtaking. Anyone who glanced her way could see that.

     A smile tugged at his lips as he admired her, feeling overwhelmed with emotion.

     The redhead's line of sight landed on the already staring speedster. His eyes were wide, and his lips parted. She could feel her cheeks burn as she made her way over.

     I officially believe in God. His name is Barry Allen.

     "You—" Barry was speechless as she stood before him, her cheeks pink. "You um, you look breathtaking."

     A shy smile danced across her red-painted lips. "You do too," Piper responded, causing him to chuckle. Reaching for her hand nervously, he stepped closer, their fingers intertwining.

     Piper, don't say something stupid. Please.

     "Have you seen Turtle yet?" she asked as his focus remained on her.

     "No, not yet," Barry murmured, watching as Piper glanced down at their hands. Biting the inside of her cheek, she couldn't help but smile happily. "Do you want to dance?" he blurted, causing Piper's head to snap back up. "We can still look for Turtle, obviously, but do you want to?"

     Piper's cheeks flamed red, and she nodded. "Yeah. I'd love to."

     The pair made their way to the room that had unofficially been declared the ballroom. Walking to an open space, Barry wrapped his arm around Piper's waist, and their hands met again. She placed her left arm over his shoulder and stepped closer, diminishing the space between them. The sparks that had become familiar to them raced up down their spines.

     "Piper?" Barry asked, looking down at her.

     "Hmm?" she mused, raising a brow.

     "There's something I wanted—" His words cut short as he caught Turtle over Piper's shoulder, ducking from view.

     "We've got eyes on Turtle," Cisco announced, and the redhead twisted her head to see where Barry's line of vision rested.

     "Go," she whispered, turning back around. "I'll get people out." Barry nodded, quickly pressing a kiss to her forehead before walking out of the room. She stood frozen for a moment before she pushed what had just happened to the back of her mind. She'd have time to dwell on it later.