The Winged Messenger

Just so you know, I own none of the pictures. The credit goes to their respective owners.

One Week Later

Bane was in the throne room with his father learning how to use his powers. Hades was sitting on his throne while Thanatos sparred with Bane.

Bane's sword clanged against Thanatos', the sound ringing out with a sharp tone. Occasionally, Thanatos would fight with his scythe and Blade would be forced to defend rather than attack the God of Death.

"Alright," Hades chuckled after Thanatos knocked Bane down by jabbing the staff of his scythe in the Prince's chest. "Let's work on your Shadow-Travelling".

Bane closed his eyes and concentrated on the piece of the floor behind Thanatos. He willed the shadows that hung around the edges of the room to come into the light, fighting against their protest. Finally, they stopped fighting him and crept towards him. Hades watched as the shadows crawled up his son's legs, covering his entire body before crashing back down to the floor with him. Bane appeared instantly behind Thanatos with his sword pressed against his neck. "Very good," Thanatos nodded with approval.

Just then, there was a knock on the wooden doors of the chamber. Hades waved his hand and the shadows pulled the doors open to reveal a boy of around twelve with white feathered wings sticking up behind his ears and on the sides of his boots. He wore a blue jacket the same colour as his eyes over his orange shirt. His head was covered with a mop of sand coloured hair while on his waist, was a small mailman's pouch.

The picture above.

He ran over with a huge, mischievous smile under a stripe of freckles that ran over the bridge of his nose. In his hand was an envelope with the golden seal of Olympus on it.

The wings on his feet fluttered as he glided over the stone floor towards Hades. "A message from Olympus," the boy said proudly as if this was the first time he delivered a letter to the Underworld.

"Thank you, Collin," Hades smiled at the boy as he took the letter. Collin looked so happy, it seemed as if he was about to faint. But he managed to flutter out of the chamber without losing control of his wings.

"Another Demigod?" Bane asked when the doors closed behind the boy.

"Yes," Hades told his son, "Collin is the son of Hermes, the Messenger of the Gods. Hermes is letting Collin deliver small packages like summons and invitations".

"Are there any other Demigods?" Bane asked his father, wanting to know if there were others like him.

"A couple," Hades mumbled, reading the letter. The King of the Underworld sighed heavily, rubbing his temple as if a migraine was coming. "Zeus has decided to summon us to hear what happened in Tartarus".

The Lord of the Dead looked up into Bane's eyes, "Wear your armour," he told his son, "And remember that I will protect you with all my power".

Bane nodded as he left the chamber. Once he was gone, Thanatos turned to see Hades shed a tear. "The Underworld stands behind you, my Lord," he said, telling Hades that, if Zeus did decide to attack, then Olympus would face every soul and creature in the Underworld.