Chapter 13

I Like It - Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin

Chapter 13

Word count: 1993

***

It's a Friday night and I'm at a nightclub. If there's one thing I love more than anything else, it's dancing at a club. There's something about letting yourself loose and dancing to the music that fills me. Here, drunk with my friends, I don't give a damn about anything. I don't worry about my parents who are pressuring me or Micheal who broke my heart. And most of all, I don't think about what's going on between Kai and me.

I'm free.

Nobody can tell me what to do. I can let loose and enjoy myself.

I throw back the rest of my drink, ignoring the scorching feeling at the back of my throat and make my way to the dance floor. I spot Sadie dancing with the blue-haired man who is now her boyfriend and smile. I'm really happy for her.

A song I'm familiar with starts to play causing me to smile. I start to move my body to the rhythm, letting the music take over me. Halfway through the song a body comes up behind me and starts dancing with me. Ignoring the churn in my stomach I run a hand through my wavy hair. Courtesy of Sadie.

Twirling around, I face the stranger and smile flirtatiously. With dark brown hair and dark eyes, he has this handsome and mysterious vibe to him. An aura of maturity and secrets surround him, leading me to believe he's in his twenties. He gives me a cocky smirk, one that reminds me of Kai.

I scowl, disappointed in myself for thinking about Kai when I'm dancing with another man. Kai needs to stay out of my head.

"Hello," I purr and place my hand on his shoulder. Staring directly into my eyes, he winds an arm around my waist, pushing me into his chest.

"Hello beautiful," he whispers seductively into my ear. I cling onto his shoulders and peer up at him. He's a lot taller than my 5"7 height. Sometimes I wish I was taller. "You're a brilliant dancer."

I'm so not. I'm always all over the place. I blame my lack of coordination.

Snorting, I shake my head. "Nah but you are."

Am I flirting? I think I am. I haven't flirted in a long time, not since high school. When I was with Michael, I didn't have to flirt. After we broke up, I was a mess. At first, I was terrified to put myself back out there. Heartbreak is the worst - it kills you.

"You're gorgeous," he compliments me again. This guy just loves to throw compliments at me, not that I'm complaining. Every girl should be complimented - they should all be felt good about themselves. "Would you like me to buy you a drink?"

Nodding my head, I follow the man to the bar. With a hand securely on my waist, I'm tugged almost snugly into the man's side. We make it to the packed bar, where all the bartenders are busy making drinks. It takes us a couple of minutes to gain their attention.

"What would you like...?"

"Ren," I finish for him, flashing him a smile. He smirks down at me and tightens his hold on me. "And I'd like a vodka and coke."

The man then orders his drinks and pays for the both of them. Whilst he's paying, Sadie catches my attention. She frowns in my direction, looking deep in thought about something. I give her a small smile and move closer to the man. Sadie really doesn't look happy but before she can do anything, her boyfriend comes up from behind her and drags her back to the dancefloor.