Chapter 35: A Death Wish

Third Person

It's time to finish this fight once and for all.

Ten against two, a fight that will go down in history.

"Let's split!" Ian shouts. "Four of us on Herobrine, three on Lucas!"

The others nod, preparing their shots, throws, swords, whatever. Jason and Lilly protect Seto as he continues to chant the spell.

Sky, Mitch, Jerome, and Ty start to attack Herobrine together as Quentin, Ian, and Ryan dodge Lucas's attacks, trying not to hurt him in fear of hurting Seto.

Herobrine charges at Ty with his diamond sword, but Ty jumps out of the way at the last moment, slashing at Herobrine as he flies past.

Mitch fires an arrow, which sinks into Herobrine's chest. A shot like that would've killed a normal person, but Herobrine pulls the arrow out of his chest, not caring that blood stains the front of his green shirt.

"YOU CAN'T KILL ME LIKE THAT!" Herobrine roars angrily. "I'M IMMORTAL! I CAN'T DIE!"

Jerome slowly backs away, standing in front of Mitch.

Sky, can you hear me? Sky hears Mitch's voice in his head.

Yes, Sky replies, a grin spreading across his face. He's forgotten about the ability he and Mitch share, being the last Defenders alive.

You attack from the left, I'll attack from the right, Mitch says, putting his bow away and pulling out his sword. On the count of three. One, two, three!

Both Defenders explode into action, attacking Herobrine in a two-on-one. Mitch ducks and swings as Herobrine lunges for his chest, while Sky holds his left arm out, keeping Herobrine in place so that he can't teleport.

Herobrine picks up Sky with telekinesis, throwing him across the room. Sky slams into the wall, the loud crack! echoing around the room as he slides down, limp and unconsious on the floor.

"Sky!" Ty screams, teleporting next to his friend. He puts an arm on his friend's chest, but obsidian can only heal Enders. However, Ty knows from experience, using the healing energy of obsidian, Enders like him are able to speed up the healing process of others.

"Herobrine..." Ty mutters angrily. "You aren't getting away with this!"

He teleports to Herobrine, joining Mitch and Jerome. The three of them fight Herobrine together, but it seems like no matter what they do, Herobrine heals himself faster than they can damage him.

Meanwhile, Ian, Quentin, and Ryan are keeping Lucas at bay, keeping him away from Seto and the others. Jason shoots Wither bombs from behind the three of them, but so far, the bombs seem to not be doing much.

Ian pulls out the strange shining sword he got earlier, engaging Lucas in a one-on-one swordfight. He's not going for the kill, only defending Lucas's swings.

"The Soldier," Ian hears Lucas murmur, but he's sure it was only his imagination.

Ryan jumps in and out of the ceiling rafters, in and out of view. He throws knives where Lucas tries to take steps, effectively keeping him from going anywhere.

Lucas extends a hand towards Quentin, who's using blasts of water to keep Lucas away.

"Attack!" Lucas yells in a loud voice as a black fire engulfs Quentin, turning his eyes pitch-black.

"Not again!" Ryan and Ian groan simultaneously as Quentin turns towards them, shooting Ice Beams.

"Don't get distracted," Lucas laughs, taking a swing at Ian's side while he's focused on Quentin.