Chapter 27: I'm Going To Find Out

*the next morning*

Sky's POV

"Gooood morning, everyone!" I hear someone shout as they stomp down the stairs.

I poke my head out of my bedroom door to see who it is; my bedroom is right at the bottom of the stairs.

It's Jerome. Of course.

He walks down the hallway to the dining room, where I already hear everyone else talking and eating.

I put on my jacket, pants, sunglasses, and amulet, and join the others for breakfast.

"Took you long enough," Ryan laughs.

Looks like Elise made French toast for breakfast. Great.

Everyone sits around the table, eating toast or some sort of fruit.

Mostly, we just sit around and talk until we're all done.

"So who wants to start with their story of what happened yesterday?" I ask.

Both groups look at each other.

"I guess I'll start," Ty says.

He describes the Aether and its mobs, all the obstacles that made it hard to get to the mainland, meeting his parents and seeing the dead families, his talk with Notch, finding Seto, the demon army, the ritual, and coming home.

Kermit - in ghost form -, Jason, and Seto add in other things as well, like how the mobs seemed focused on Jason, leaving Arlene behind, and stuff like that.

Seto seems somewhat... quiet. He hasn't said much since he returned from the Aether yesterday.

But then again, he did come back from the dead...

The other five - Mitch, Jerome, Ryan, Ian, and Quentin - tell the rest of us what happened in the woods. They met the Princess - her name's Lilly - and the fact that she needs our help to take down Herobrine. And we also have to go to the woods later tonight, to show her that she can trust us.

Listening to their stories is making me feel angry and useless. I haven't done anything for the past few days, because of these stupid wounds my dad gave me.

I want to murder him, right now.

"Sky! Are you there?" Ian asks, waving his hands in front of my face.

"Huh? Yeah, what?" I say.

"We're going to have to fight Herobrine, sooner or later," Mitch says. "Are you fully healed?"

"I think so," I answer, looking down at my arms. Faded white scars have replaced the deep gashes that were there just a few days ago.

"Good," Jerome says. "Because at the rate we're going, we might have to fight Herobrine tomorrow. For all we know, it could happen today, or maybe in a few months. But we always have to be ready."

"Sky... Can I talk to you for a minute?" Seto asks, standing up.

"Yeah..." I stand up and follow him to the backyard. Just like when we got here a few days ago, the city is still silent.

"I didn't want to tell anyone else," Seto says, sitting on top of a table. "But I think something's wrong with me."

"You just came back from the dead. That alone is supposed to be impossible," I tell him.

"I see black spots every few minutes, people whisper thoughts into my head, and I feel weak and nauseated," Seto sighs. "Just look at this."

He raises his hands and creates a small bubble around himself - a forcefield, just like I've seen him do a million times before. But when he tries to make it bigger, the forcefield just collapses in on itself.