Chapter 14: Karaoke aka Miyano vs Shuichi

Shuichi was sitting in the dark surrounding of his house, his eyes shut slightly, rocking himself sounding in his chair. Some could say he was meditating, some could say he was merely thinking. Thinking about what, I do not know. But his fingers were rubbing against a small photo in the grasp of his hands, the colour faded by the possible droplets of rain, or the excess supplement of bleach.

Suddenly his eyes flickered open, and he turned around sharply to glare at the door behind him. There was something out there. He would almost feel the murky air surrounding him at the sense of it. It was placid, and was covering the atmosphere with another stench of betrayal.

" You filthy, lying hypocrite." Shuichi muttered, getting to his feet, kicking his chair backwards. He propped himself against the door, listening intently. He looked at the clock on his wall. It was just seven at night. Mighty early for Miyano to do this at this time, wasn't it? Twelve was more like his style. . .eleven, tops.

There was the dull sounds of the creaking of floorboards and a small grin lifted on his face. " That's the fifth step." He whispered to himself. " The floor will moan on the thirteenth."

As if on cue, there was a groaning on the ground and he burst out, hitting three men unconscious at once, rolling onto the ground, one of their guns in his hands, and he surveyed the area with raised eyebrows. " Come out, dogs of Shishio Miyano." He called out loudly, hitting off the light switch, hearing it whisper to itself as it turned off with a soft click.

Silence.

" Have it your way." He muttered, knocking against the ground softly, and hear the soft tinkering of kitchen utensils. He smirked to himself as the sound quickly subsided. " That was very stupid of you." He muttered to himself, dashing for the kitchen and grabbed the sole person who was inside and pinned him to the wall hearing him gasp out in pain. " How. . .did you know I was here?" he wheezed.

" The sound stopped too abruptly." Shuichi said, a twisted smirk on his face. " If you were hiding you would have desperately tried to stop the noise wouldn't you? But that's not the point now, is it?" he continued, the gun pointed directly at the ambusher. " How many more people are inside my house?"

" Twelve. . ." the person choked out.

" That's a lie, kid." Shuichi said, further choking the person. " Truth."

He was coughing. " T. . .Thirty-six."

Shuichi grimaced. " Crap." He said.

It was then when around twenty of them burst at him, hitting him at all sides. Cursing his own stupidity, he elbowed one in the jaw, bringing down around five, and butted his way through, ignoring the stabbing pains in his back as he felt a metal club slam itself against his back and dashed for the front door. There were gunshots that followed him, and he gasped in pain as a shot burst into his left leg, and he limped out, slamming the door behind him. He ducked behind the grass patch just outside his house, and the minute he rested in there, clutching his leg, the door burst open.

" Damn it." He muttered under his breath.

" Where did he go?" came a voice.

" He can't have gone far." Said another.

Silence.

" Let's search the area."

" Right."

Inside, a lone man stood there, a rifle in his hand when he noticed a picture lying on the ground, slightly damp. The colours of the picture was peeling, water soaking it lightly. He picked it up, and saw what it was. It was a picture of Akai Shuichi and Shiho Miyano, laughing, posing for the camera.