My Prince

~ "Sis, please. Convince him, say anything!" I scream into the payphone.

"Prince, I tried. You really did him in this time, you know how he is. Give him time."

I clench my eyes shut. "Where am I supposed to go? I have no where to go, please" my voice cracks as I plead.

"Who's on the phone?" Father's voice booms.

"Dad! Dad!" I shout.

"It's P. Dad, he's scared" my sister replies.

"I'd be failing as a father if I didn't teach that boy a lesson." The line falls flat, and I drop the payphone in response.

Lonely, scared and afraid, I hit each wall of the small booth, that holds the darkness out.

I drop onto the questionable floor when my anger results in a broken knuckle. Instantly, when I fall to the floor of the booth and cry profusely. My hands drip in wet as I wipe my cheeks dry. The sensation leaves me numb and confused, for it is unusual for me to shed tears much less at this magnitude.

I previously felt incapable to do so, now it has consumed me. All I know is that I never want to feel this way again.~

I turn in my sleep, never ceasing to dream - relive my most unfavourable moment in youth. My movement drifts me into yet another sequence.

~ "Hey," her sweet voice causes my head to snap towards hers. I look around in complete shock. She appears the same as the day I met her. Strangely enough, the guitar in my grasp provides me comfort as I see her darkened eyes, and my chest begins to pain.

I hold back my emotions as she walks closer to my seated body, I grip the neck of the guitar so tight, that my knuckles turn white. "Relax..," she drags on in a soothing tone as her hand drapes over my shoulder. "I forgive you for the cheating. For the heartbreak," her eyes pierce mine. "I just wish you didn't.." she leaves me in thought.

"What? Tell me Susannah" I feel uncomfortably vulnerable as I plead to the beauty in front of me.

Her hair falls to her shoulders as she swiftly turns from my gaze. "You brought me to him. You knew how he was, why'd you bring me back? You let him hurt me" her shoulders shake as she brakes down in tears.

I drop my guitar and stand up at once, causing the sound of the flimsy metal chair scratching the ground to pierce my ear-drums. I pace towards her, and my hand latches onto her bare shoulder. It is as cold as ice, and the sensation results in another knot in my stomach to form.

"Susannah, I didn't bring you to him. I was on tour Susannah, I don't understand" my eyebrows furrow.

She continues to face away from me, and sob into her hands whilst she speaks. "Your men, your men picked me up from the library, they told me you had suggested that I apologize to Eric, so that it wouldn't interfere with your movie."

"My men?" My nose scrunches as I reiterate her words. "Eric has nothing to do with my movie. I would never ask you to do that," I shake her arm gently. "Susannah, what men?"

She yanks out of my grasp and turns to face me. I am so startled by the sight I begin to fall backwards with a face of horror. Her eyes are no longer there, and her body looks to be decaying. "There's no harm in asking, P." She speaks as I fall backwards into a black pit, so far until I don't see Susannah's corpse in the lit room any longer.