"That's not what I meant-"

"Then what the hell do you mean by me liking to be hit on, huh?! You know I'm hella awkward to everyone so tell me how the hell would I like being hit on?!" I asked frustrated.

"YAH! YOU STUPID COUPLE! IF YOU'RE GONNA HAVE YOUR LOVE QUARREL, DO IT OUTSIDE! YOU SCARED MY BIRD FRIEND!" Taehyung glared at us.

"We are not a couple!" Jimin and I shouted in sync.

"You act like one. A noisy couple to be exact." Taehyung made a face before shouting back to the window. "Birdie! Come back! You're my only winged friend! No!!"

Jimin and I remained silent after what Taehyung said.

You act like one.

Why is my heart racing after hearing that?

Jimin tried breaking the silence that engulfed us but Taehyung managed to interrupt every single time, leaving Jimin frustrated. I was thankful for that though because I still can feel this weird thingy on my stomach towards Jimin. Ugh what is this again?

----

After an hour or so, we finished everything, just the both of us working with Taehyung, chatting with us every now and then.

"Thankyou for your hard work~" Taehyung sang, earning a playful hit from Jimin on his head.

"Like as if you worked. Shut up, pabo." Jimin said and the three of us laughed together.

"Alright alright, let's go. The others might be waiting for you. You need to practice. Kaja, Ppali!" I smiled at them and they nodded.

------------------------------------

On the way to Jin's house where they'll be practicing for today, Taehyung was the only one talking as Jimin and I just nod and hum absent mindedly. He stopped to avert his gaze from mine to Jimin and back to mine again.

"Hmmm." Taehyung said as we both looked at him confused.

"What is it?" Jimin asked.

"I feel like.. I should run." he suddenly said, taking off, leaving Jimin and I dumb founded on our places.

We just gape at our 4D alien friend who tripped on his own shoe lace but regained his balance before he fell to the ground then continued running ahead until he was no where in sight after he took the turn around the corner.

"Paboya" I muttered, shaking my head with a smile on my face as I continued walking ahead.

"Uh.. Seoyoon ah..." Jimin softly called as he slowly took my hand.

"What?" I asked, not looking at him as I feel my insides twist with my cheeks heating up. Hmm.. I think It's been years since I've had this feeling.. The feeling I had when I liked- OMO. ... Does this mean...?!

"Are you mad at me?" He asked. I just stared at him for a moment before he looked down and slowly let go of my hand which felt cold as soon as the heat of his warm, large hands (well large compared to mine) left my hand.

"Arrasso.. Mianada, Seoyoon ah.." he said looking down..

"Look at me." I said lifting his chin as I took a step towards him, with his face inches from mine. We were too close that I was afraid he was hearing the loud thumping of my heart but I didn't dare move back. I couldn't. I was trapped in his enchanting gaze as his eyes slowly met mine.

"I'd forgive you in one condition." I told him, pinching his nose.

"What is it? Anything." he said looking like a puppy, asking for forgiveness from his master and wanting a treat.

"Why are you so mad at Minseok today?" I asked and he stiffened before sighing as his tensed up shoulders relaxed.

"Don't laugh at me." he said.

"I promise." I said holding out a pinky as he interlaced his with mine.

Why is my heart beating loudly as I anticipate for his answer?

"Well.." Jimin started and I think I stopped breathing for a moment.

Why? What answer do you want to hear, Seoyoon?

"Minseok ssi is ugly." he said and I suddenly let out a poker face and hit his chest lightly before turning my back on him as I start walking ahead when suddenly, someone wrapped his arms around my waist as he placed his chin on my shoulders..

"Do you really want to hear the real reason?" Jimin asked with his soft, husky voice as he whispered near my ear, sending shivers down my spine. My heart was thumping as I was internally panicking. I don't want anyone to see us like this, him back hugging me as his face was dangerously close to mine, but I don't want him to let go either.

What the hell is this I'm feeling and hearing? It couldn't possibly be my heartbeat. I mentally cursed myself before noticing that the beats weren't sync with what I was feeling.

Is.. Is that.. Jimin's heartbeat?

---------------------------------------------------------

Hoseok's POV

Today, why am I feeling so restless? I knew I should have gone with them. What if Minseok confesses to my Seoyoon and she might get hurt again?

Is that the real reason why you don't want Minseok to ask her out?

Jung Hoseok shut up. You know damn well the real reason why you wanted to go with her and avoid anyone confessing to her, but it wouldn't be fair, keeping her single and away from one who could be the one for her while you're here, forever the brother. And only the brother.

I sighed as I prepared for the practice that was called by Yoongi hyung. We're entering another competition for extra income.

I was about to leave the house for practice with the other guys in Jin's house when I heard mom talking with someone on the phone in her room. Not that I planned to eavesdrop or anything but I had to tell her I was leaving tho.. Well not until my curiosity is fulfilled after hearing a little bit of the story.. keke.

"Are we seriously keeping this from them forever?" she said through the receiver.

"Yeobo, I pity the child. I want to help in finding the parents.." she said again.

What? What's going on?

"I know she's ours because of the adoptive relationship we have, but with or without or adoption, you know the kid needs to know her parents.."

My eyes grew wide as the information I heard was trying so hard to function inside my brain.

Adoptive relationship?

Adoption?

Seoyoon is adopted?!

"BWOH?!" I suddenly charged in mom's room, taking her by surprise as she dropped her phone and held her chest.

"Hoseok ah, you scared me-"

"Is Seoyoon adopted?!" I asked, demanding for an answer.

"Omo why are you worked u-"

"IS SEOYOON ADOPTED UMMA?" I asked again, not letting her finish her statement.

"Y.yes.. She is.." she softly said as my mouth hanged open. I rested my back on the wall as I had my hand on my hair.

So this is why I fell for her...

We were never blood related from the start...

But..

How would Seoyoon take this? She'd be sad for sure to know we're not her real family.. But how can I tell her that I like her without weirding her out that her brother likes her more that a sister.

What am I gonna do?

Tell her and make her mine but risking the fact that this information can break her..

Or keep this to myself as I suffer..

Accepting the fact that the only girl I've ever loved will never be mine?