Chapter 2: Part 10

~Luke's POV~

I didn't get her anything new. I just used the picture of me and her and wrote a small letter on how I felt. That seems all a blur now though because if she doesn't feel anything then I don't want to keep on waiting.

Ash: You ready?

Mic: Ready as I'll ever be.

Ashton walks into the hospital and to reception.

Me and Michael both look at each other and nod. Jess can never read this letter. It will ruin everything.

Mic: You coming?

Luke: Don't rush me please.

~Michael's POV~

I thought Luke would be nervous yes, but act like this? It doesn't add up. We get to Jess's room.

Ash: Michael do you want me to come in with you?

Mic: No thanks.

I walk in and took a really deep breathe. It smelt like her. Her mum must come in regularly to make sure she smells like herself.

Mic: Hey Jess. There has been a lot going on lately. We all could use you here.

I walk over and sit by her side.

Mic: Sorry I haven't got you much but I called him Snuggletons. Definitely not making a suggestion there.

I slowly reach for her hand and place the small baby blue bear with small glassy eyes by her side and leave a card on the table.

Mic: I miss you Jess. We started  the band again, we sounded really good. Oh and we got a name....

I look to her face and there is no expression at all. I start to tear up.

Mic:...ya ready...you'll be laughing inside.  The creation that came from my mind was none other than the name 5 Seconds Of Summer.

Even though there was no sound, only dead silence (apart from the machine she was attached to) I could feel her smiling and laughing.  So I closed my eyes and just pretended she was.

Mic: I'm sorry I left it too late Jess, I wish I had one more chance and do everything I could for us to have a relationship. 

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turn round to see Luke. 

Luke: Can I have a few minutes with her please?

Mic: Yeah sure.

I didn't want to leave her so I gently touched her hand and kissed her forehead and left to see Ashton.

~Luke's POV~

With Ashton and Michael gone to get some coffee, I decided I should tell Jess how I feel. Maybe she can hear me and if she can't then the letter will be there for her to wake up too.

Luke: If you can hear me, then I love you, I love you more than anything just I don't think us being boyfriend and girlfriend would work. I felt something between us that was sparks but I don't know if you felt it too. So I'm letting go for what I have for you.

Then, a young nurse walks in with brown hair and glistening blue eyes. Her hair was curled to perfection with just the right amount of make up on.

Nurse: Oh sorry,  I'll go. Just came to check her machine. This girl always has someone here haha she must be loved?

Luke: She is, she's a very lovely girl.

Nurse: Pretty too, is she your girlfriend?

Luke: Oh no, we grew up together that's all. You must have a boyfriend right?

Nure: Oh me no haha. My names Kirsty by the way.

Luke: I'm Luke, nice to meet you.

Kir: And you. Anyway I'll leave you to it.

Luke: Wait no, can I get your number please?

Kir: That's a little forward, but ok.

She finds a little bit of paper and hands it to me.

Kir: Call me.

Was this a sign from Jess that she wants me to move on? Or was this the worlds way of reminding me of Jess. Well whatever it is I got a nurses number.

I walk out the room feeling tall and giddy.

Ash: Do you really feel that good about Jess being in a coma?

Luke: No but....I got a hot nurses number.

Ash: GOOD ON YA BRO!

~Michael's POV~

WHAT?!?!