11 - Please Make This Stop

[Lyrics/Title From '1985' by Bowling For Soup]

[A/N] Hey guys, so so sorry about the late update again... The only reason I'm saying this is this chapter was supposed to go up at the same time of Chapter 10, but I wasn't able to write it at the same time and wanted to get an update out as soon as possible. But I've got my Computer back for now as my brother has Football training every day for two weeks, and I'm like 1.5 chapters ahead as well.... However, I am going to Maine on Wednesday (not sure if I said this in the last chapter) so unless I get a chapter out tomorrow, I'm afraid there won't be any updates until Next Monday, but I'll be very far ahead on chapters! Alright, I hope you enjoy! - xx CC

I started shaking my head vigorously and tried stepping back, but Josh held me to my spot, his hands firm.

'No, no you don't...' I started mumbling, staring into his Cadet-Blue Eyes. I could see a smart smirk grow on him.

'And that,' he tapped his fingers on my shoulder, 'gives me all the more reason to believe that I do.' I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

Wait, he believes he knows me? But didn't he just say that he really did? Josh chuckled and looked at me like he was reading my mind.

'And that reaction right there just proves my beliefs.' I looked at him, unblinking, as we stood. 'I know that I know you, Overman. In some way, somehow, I've known you before... Hell, I might've even loved you,' I swallowed hard, 'but you were special to me, Overman, and I'm going to figure out why. I'm going to figure out who you are.' I bit my lip as he said this, a smart look on his face.

Oh, please don't say stuff like that... Josh took a breath.

'It's obvious though that you definitely don't want me to figure out who you are... You have your reasons most likely, and I'm not sure I actually want to know them...'

No, you don't. I mean, look how it's made me. You really, really don't...

'And hell, I might even be wrong about this whole thing, but right now, I'm sure I remember you. And I don't know how I'll react when I do; I might hate you, or never want to see you again. But I'm going to figure out who you are, Overman, because I can't get this whole thing out of my head.'

Josh held me still for a while after that, gripping my shoulders and looking at me. My mouth was dry and my eyes were wide, allowing him to pour his own color into them.

Even though I was trying to hide it, I was on the verge of tears as we stood there. Josh had figured out that he really did know me with no help from myself; it was the one thing I had counted on him not to do. If he hadn't recognized me, I would've just had to be around the boy who broke my heart. That was bad enough. But now, if he figured out who I was, I would have to confront the boy who broke my heart. That would be too much. That... That would be something I wouldn't be able to take. Because Sam was right; I loved to avoid my problems, and this was the one I've been avoiding the most.

After what felt like centuries, the tour bus lurched to a slight uneasy stop. I almost stepped off balance, but Josh kept a firm grip on me, keeping me planted. A few more moments passed before Dan whacked open the curtain. Josh dropped his arms from me and nodded in Dan's direction, telling him he'll be right there. before he stepped away though, Josh turned back to me and smirked.

'Yanno, your eyes are really something special.' He turned away and stalked off, leaving me with mouth wide open, and tears in my eyes.

'Your eyes are really something special.'

Apparently not enough to remember though.