Ch. 4: Awkward Silence

Chase's POV

"Chase! Chase!"

My voice was being called by a young female's voice that I could recall who it belonged to, but it was very familiar.

"Chase!"

The voice was echoing from every direction. It was hard to pin point where it's coming from.

"Chase!!!!!!" It hit me. "Skye!" I yelled, waiting for an answer.

"Chase! Wake up! Please!" She cried.

There was nothing but the dark sky and green field around me. She was out of plain sight. The sound waves of her voice died away. She was gone.

"Skye?" I started to panic. "Skye! SKYE!!!!"

It was silent for a moment. But then her voice yelled again, "WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The dark realm began to fade into a white canvas and I was back into what I assume was the real world. I was sitting on a bean bag with my dog collar next to me. A bandage was wrapped around my abdomen. It refrained me from moving much on that spot, but I could move my arms and legs. My left ear could not register and sound from my left ear. From that bomb, I guess it disrupted my eardrum. But I could hear 100% from my right ear. My right ear seems to be well. My left, not so good.

I heard some commotion downstairs. I could hear Zuma screaming. I immediately shot up on my feet, clipped on my collar, and went down the elevator.

I was alarmed by a dog the same breed as I am but bigger, about to charge at Skye. Fury shot through me like a bullet and without thinking, I drew it's attention to me instead of Skye. Her eyes widened when she saw me. How long have I been sleeping?

But I kept my attention on the bigger dog. His appearance frightened me a bit. His fiery gaze on me and his fangs displayed on front of me was enough to send chills down my back. I took in a breath and remembered that Skye was my friend and I will fight for my friends. So I grimaced against his blazing glare.

"Why not you pick on someone your own size?" I urged.

He growled virulently. We revolved in a circle, ready to attack. I can hear Skye quietly calling my name not to fight him. But we were interrupted by that annoying squeaky voice.

SWEETIE????? SHE'S HERE????!!!!!!! What the heck happened when I was out cold?!

She called for the dog who's name was Beast, according to Sweetie. No wonder then. It's no surprise he was named that. He shot me an intimidating look and followed behind Sweetie. They hopped on a motorcycle driven by the same man from yesterday. I swear it was him who through the bomb! Not just that I saw through his helmet shade him glaring straight at me.

I watched then take off as the other pups gathered around to me. Marshall through his arms around me, nearly choking me to death. Not literally, of course. "Oh my god! Oh, Chase! We missed you!"

I patted his back, in a strangled voice saying, "Okay, buddy. I missed you too."

He released me and smiled contently. "Sorry."
I felt bad for not hugging him back so I wrapped my arms around him. "It's alright."

"We were so worried, Chase." said Zuma.

"Yeah." Rocky said, with a sad look on his face.