Draco smiled sheepishly remembering Harry's eyes.

"The things with Voldemort haven't been the best, trust me, I would know. The guy basically lives in my house! Anyways, he's been getting stronger so you better wake up, Chosen One, so you can save our asses."

He joked lightly, observing Harry's unvoming features. He looked so peaceful and Draco could just lean in a little and...

Suddenly there was a sound behind him and he turned, squeezing Harry's hand tighter on instict, feeling more grounded that way.

"W-who's there?" His voice cracked and he bit his lip awaiting the answer.

"Hermione Granger. Malfoy? What are you doing here at this hour?" The bushy haired spoke quietly.

Draco paled and felt a lump clump itself in his throat as he had absolutely no idea how to answer her.

"Well I..uh...I..um..." He stammered, trying to think up of an excuse before her voice cut him off once again:

"Why are you holding Harry's hand?"

Fuck.

"I..." Draco trailed off again, dropping Harry's hand and slumping in his chair, looking down.

Hermione summoned a chair and sat next to Draco, her harsh expression softening:

"It's okay. I understand." She spoke softly and Draco bit his lip:

"Do you really? Do you have to hurt the one you love every day?"

The girl was silent for a moment:

"No I don't. But I understand how you must feel right now."

Draco nodded stiffly, seeing her point as she loved Harry dearly as a friend so she somewhat understood his worry.

He was silent and just observed Harry sadly before he felt Granger loop her arm through his.

"I can tell you really love him."

She whispered with a small smile and Draco looked at her:

"How?" He asked her.

"You look at him as if he's your only source of life. That is, when you're not worried about upholding your reputation around others."

The girl explained her observation then quickly added:

"It's sweet."

Draco felt blood rush to his cheeks and he dropped his gaze to Harry again, drinking in the other's features.

Before he even knew it, a breath sounded from his lips:

"Beautiful.."

Hermione smiled softly but chose not to comment on it.

"I'm sorry Granger...for bullying you and Weasley and especially Harry."

Draco decided this was his chance to apologise. The brown haired girl nodded with forgiving eyes:

"I forgive you. Ron will be harder to convince, but I'll get him there."

Draco smiled gratefully and she continued speaking:

"If you must keep up your reputation, then please refrain from using 'Mudblood' and 'Blood Traitor' as insults."

Draco's eyes widened and he quickly shook his head:

"I wouldn't dream of it, Merlin those are such disgusting words I am so sorry truly for ever saying them to you two!"

He whisper-yelled in a panic and Hermione laughed quietly at him freaking out: