Chapter 3

The following day, which was Sunday, you went to pick up your car from Club 52 with the help of Folaki. Hvitserk had promised to drive you but called last minute saying plans had changed. He didn't go into detail and basically said something very important had come up and he had to take care of it ASAP. You were a bit disappointed but understood that things like that happened. Him being unable to make it actually worked out fine since Folaki had been eager to see you anyway. She had been texting you incessantly saying she had allot to tell you. Naturally when you called her for the ride, she jumped at the chance to to spend time with you.

After you got your vehicle, you parked it at your apartment and the two of you drove to a trendy nearby coffee shop. It seemed that Folaki had quite a good time after you had left the party because she wouldn't stop grinning the entire ride. When the you arrived at the BEAN THERE, the two of you took the booth furthest in the back.

So..?" You said in an inquisitive way as you both sat down.

"So....." Folaki said with a huge smile. "I slept with him."

Her frankness almost made you choke on your water. You started laughing and kicked her under the table.

"What?" Folaki smirked with a fake innocent shrug. "You think we stayed up all night talking about the meaning of life?" She seemed to reminisce a bit about her escapade with Bjorn as she spoke. "Don't get me wrong we talked about allot of things but the sexual tension was just too much. And let me just say, it was AMAZING!" She was practically hopping up and down in her seat as she spoke. "I don't know what it is....but those Danish men..........." She pretended to fan herself. "they sure know how to please a woman. I had to beg him to stop cause I couldn't take any more orgasms."

"Okay!' You said scrunching your brows. "I think you've wandered into the TMI zone."

Folaki shrugged and looked at you with a teasing expression.

"It is what it is. She laughed and straightened up in her seat. "We're going to the movies tonight."

"Wow. You guys are in a whirlwind romance."

"Life's too short to waste time trying to play it safe all the time, you know. Just my little two cents Y/N. Anyway..." Folaki shot you a devious smirk."What about you? What happened with Hvitserk?"

You shyly stirred your iced water and poked at the lemon wedge inside. Finally, you looked at your friend and told her that he had indeed come to see you.

"I knew it!" An excited Folaki said nearly screaming. "I knew he liked you more than he liked that bat-shit crazy blonde. So what happened?"

"Well, first of all, I was hanging out with Ivar, you know, his younger brother–"

"Ivar? A stunned Folaki said leaning closer. "Wait! The the dark, brooding one that was picking on you all night during the birthday party?" Folaki asked totally confused. "That Ivar?"

"Yeah. I know. I didn't understand why he came to see me either. In fact, I still don't but, it wasn't bad actually." You paused remembering how he had held your hand. "He was pretty okay to be around....at least when he wasn't complaining about one thing or another." You laughed.

Folaki raised an eyebrow raised with curiosity.

"Hmmm. I don't know. That's kinda odd don't you think?" She asked in a singy-songy tone.

"Yeah. But maybe he wants to make amends. Like a restart."

"Come on Y/N. Just think about it. Why would he want to be around you after the way he treated you?" Folaki thought for a moment and looked like she wanted to say something else. Instead, she just cocked her head at you. "Besides, if he wanted to apologize, he could have done that at Bjorn's house.....I think there's more to it." She gave you a look to convey that you were being naive. "Anyway, your're a better person than me because I wouldn't have let him in."