Second World 2.5

"How dare you all step foot onto this villa?" Lucas' calm chilling voice came from upstairs.

He climbed down the steps in a calm manner but I could see his fists clenched tightly.

He was restraining his anger.

Was he angry on my behalf?

Darn it! Why hadn't I seen this side of him before?

No wait, he is not the Lucas that I used to consider as my companion.

He is someone who I feel romantically attracted to.

They are different people!

The thought struck like lightning and brought back a feeling of nostalgia as if I had come to this sort of conclusion before as well. Normally people would think that it is because our misunderstandings and complicated situations straightened out, so I feel that he is different than usual but something told me that this is not it.

They differ from the very soul itself.

Dear companion Lucas, I Nathaniel, do not know what happened to your original soul but as someone who was bound to you since birth the least I can do is pray for your soul to rest in peace. I had wanted to be your friend yet you denied my existence. Hope you can find a good friend in your next life.

As for the Lucas now, I want him as mine.

His body, mind and soul, everything to be mine.

It was a strange yet familiar feeling of need.

However, he did not want to think about it now as he wanted to see what Lucas was going to do.

I was quietly sitting in front of Lesker bowing my head so as to just get and over with the lecture he has been giving me for the last three hours

If not for the fact that Levi was talking to me in my thoughts and I didn't really have to listen, all my brain cells would have fried up by now!

Just how can someone speak for so long?

I took a quick peek to my right at Nathaniel who was also maintaining the same stance yet he somehow looked quite pleased with the whole ordeal.

A few hours ago, I lost my temper and taught those bastards a lesson and kicked them out. Then, Lesker returned home and looked at the mess I had caused during the fight and started lecturing me about the importance of keeping the house clean and taking a fight outside the premises of the building like the flower garden or the porch. And it has still not ended yet.

Finally, Lesker gave one last warning and let us off.

I came out of the room and stretched even though a vampire doesn't suffer from stiff muscles.

For the past few months, I was happily living in the villa without doing any work with the exception of the daily task of raising plants and felt that perhaps this was the feeling of being in heaven

No worries, no work, free food and so many story books to read.

Yes, this is how heaven must be!

The progress of finding the culprit of the previous assassination attempt was successfully in its last stages without any involvement from my side yet I had a very bad feeling that I might get dragged into the mess before everything actually ends. After all peace never lasted long for someone as unlucky as me.

And here I was looking at the current situation and thinking with a sigh of resignation, why couldn't my gut feeling be wrong for once?

I had gone out for a walk with guards tagging along however we were completely surrounded now by a bunch of assailants with my guards lying on the ground and me breathing in and out, gasping for breath like a fish out of water.

This was seriously messed up.

These people are inhumanely strong!

No, wait they are not humans to begin with.

The moment I was hit by the oncoming spell, I knew I was definitely going to die. And then I saw my hands turning red crystals in the air. Slowly, but surely, my body was dematerializing.

I felt as if someone was calling me and turned to look back only to be caught by someone in a hug.

It was Nathaniel. Good to see him one last time. Thinking that I was about to smile when I saw blue shards of glass like crystals emanating from his body. He was also disappearing.

I opened my mouth wanting to say something but then closed it again when I saw no regrets from his eyes. He chose to end his life with mine in peace without any remorse.

I wanted to tell him that I was not really going to die but just move to stay in another world but refrained myself from doing so when I saw Levi come flying towards me.

Levi flew towards me and said "Well, it is not so bad. You managed to survive for quite a long time in this world unlike the previous world".

"Am I supposed to take that as a compliment?" I asked rolling my eyes at her.

Her skills at comforting people has not improved even after so long.

Really makes me wonder how happily spoiled were these pixies by the gods.

They must have had no worries at all other than collecting gems for decorating their homes. That's why they must have never felt wronged. Implying, there was no need for any comforting words.

I can only sigh at my misfortune.

Nathaniel was holding me all this time. His companionship had really been appreciated by me and I was hoping to say a few parting words to him even though he may not remember me in his next reincarnation.

Then a thought struck me.

He had never hurt anyone innocent in his life, so, he probably might, instead of reincarnation, be privileged to go to Paraneria.

If I manage to get through the upcoming task worlds then I might get to meet him again.

Then I felt Nathaniel come closer to my ear and softly whisper "Let us meet again in the next world Ivanov"

I was shocked.
And before I could snap out of it and question him, I returned to the white room.

Author's note.

Lucas (MC) : Bye bye.

ML : Where are you going?

MC : To the next world.

ML : Hmm. Let us meet again.

MC : What? How?

ML : No need to think so much dear. Just that, let us change our meeting place to my bedroom *smirk*