Second World 2.1

I was flitting through the woods while following the directions given by Levi.  The cold wind was scraping my face yet I didn't feel uncomfortable. When I first started running, I was amazed at how much faster I was than my human self.

I found a clearing in front of me and came to a stop as there were people who were fighting there.

It was not like those that I had seen on TV, with guns and bullets, knifes and metal rods, no, they were not at all as terrifying as the one in front of me.

A person, presumably, Nathaniel, was completely surrounded by people who were using either some sort of blood spell to capture his movements or rue spell for frontal attack.

I could clearly see thick blood floating around in the air like a vine. However, it felt as if it had a life of its own as it swayed in a manner that it was concisely escaping from the attacks from Nathaniel. I realized that this was actually being controlled by those vampires.

The rue spells unlike the blood spells looked very pretty, making you look at it in awe. The tiny silver and gold sparks floated around like fireflies yet as they touched the skin of Nathaniel, they formed gruesome scars.

As I stepped into the clearing, many turned to look at me. The killers were tensed having sensed the presence of someone who might turn out to be a disturbance to their plan.

Nathaniel was surprised and opened his mouth to say something but before he could, I said to the people who were the enemy in a chilling voice "You dare hurt him!"

The moment I finished my sentence, strings of blood flew out from my direction according to my imagination. They caught hold of some of the ruecrafts and smashed them to the tree trunks.

The ruecrafts were taken off guard by the fact that I had let the vine like flowing blood easily escape their rue spell barriers and attacked them.

Then, I remembered that Levi had said that I could use blood present in nature.

Does the blood created by the other vampires count as one?

Don't know then might as well try and see.

I imagined all the blood around Nathaniel to freeze and they actually did.

Everyone noticed the change. The vampires were totally shocked and the ruecrafts simply increased their intensity of the attacks on Nathaniel.

Some of them had already diverted their attention to attack me the moment I had stepped in to the fight but were blocked by the dense network of blood that I created for protection.

Nevertheless, no barrier can be seamless especially when made by a first timer like me. Some of the tiny silver and gold sparks floated in and the moment they touched my skin it cut like knife, at the same time it burned.

The beautiful suit I was wearing had become tattered at various places and if this continues I can only imagine it to turn into rags.

Nathaniel didn't look any better if not worse.

Then suddenly, a long whistle sounded from far away.

The offenders retreated in a blink of an eye. I wanted to chase and catch at least one of them but felt my vision become blurred. I dropped to my knees and fell on the ground. I could feel someone walking slowly towards me and it was most probably the only remaining person here, Nathaniel.

I had a horrible conversation with Lucas, if that can even be called a conversation

I stormed out of the villa and took a deep breath. It was already late at night but I didn't want to go back, so I decided to take a stroll around.

I was simply unable to follow the thoughts of my companion. Why exactly can he not act like all those other vampires?

I sighed.

Suddenly, I felt the hair on my body raise as a dangerous aura swept around the place I was at. Someone activated their blood spell, and swiftly blocked my path of retreat.

Several figures came out from the dark and attacked me with full force.

I don't know who they are but from the looks of it, it seems their target is to kill me.

I was trying my best to resist but I knew that I could not hold on for long. The last time I fed on Lucas' vitality was two months ago. If it was someone else they would have died due to starvation much less fight back. But due to the special bloodline that I possess, I was barely surviving.

Then, I saw Lucas.

I was beyond surprised. I would have never thought he would come looking for me after our argument. According to his usual self, he would have probably gone out for fun or slept like a dead log in that oh so precious coffin of his.

I was staring at him and something about him felt changed yet I really liked this change, as if this is what I was waiting for all this time.

His presence alone warmed my heart.

I then remembered the situation we were in and wanted him to leave but before I could say something, he said "You dare hurt him!" and unexpectedly used high tier blood spells. I never knew he was capable of that. But as far as I remember, these type of spells consumed a lot of blood and he hardly had much energy to support himself just like me.

I was fighting desperately to get us out of here as soon as possible when I heard a whistle. The enemy retreated.

Though I know we were having the upper hand in this battle but if they had dragged it longer then I am sure we would have lost.

I turned to look at my companion only to see him faint due to exhaustion.

I felt distressed and quickly went to his side.

His complexion looked paler than usual and he looked especially fragile.

I carefully picked him up and returned to the villa. When I stepped into his room I placed him on the bed instead of his coffin. I really don't like that coffin of his.

Doesn't it seem uncomfortable to sleep on?

Author's note.

ML : Doesn't it seem uncomfortable to sleep on? *looking at the coffin*

MC : *stretching* It is slightly uncomfortable.

ML : Come, come, sleep on me, let husband be your bed.

MC : *blush*