Chapter 6

Stella's P.O.V

The first person that comes to my mind is kelly. How is that even possible , I bearly even know him. And yet he's the first person that crosses my mind when I'm in danger.
"Chief , this is Kidd , I see a window on the top right area of the basement , it's around back of the house" I called into my radio as I see the flames nearly  emerging through the door. The door will burn down in less than 2 minutes, my time is running out. From the corner of my eye , I see what looks like another person moving , it's a baby inside a crib , he's crying , i wonder why i didn't see or hear it sooner. I quickly run to baby and put him inside my coat. I will protect this baby with my entire life, regardless of what happens.

"Squad 3 , get Kidd out NOW that's an order" Chief Boden calles out into the radio , as soon as the fire on the door starts cracking it begins bringing it down , the entire room is in flames , I can no longer see , then from a distance I hear glass break and a ladder is emerged down into the basement , I grab onto the ladder and climb as fast as I can with the baby , with all my speed, and force I find myself outside. And i put the baby on Otis arms before i collapse on the floor.

I feel these strong arms pick me up and carry me , am I conscious ? Why can't I talk.

I try to open my mouth in an attempt to talk , but instead I start coughing , as soon as get out down on the Ambulance they give me an oxygen mask , my lungs clear up and I can finally speak again.

Kelly's P.O.V

As soon as she came out of the basement she collapsed on the floor , I picked her up as soon as possible , I can't imagine my life without her in it.
Wait , did I Just day that ? What did I just say ? That I can't imagine my life without her. My stomach does flips as I start to think about it.
"Kelly , Stella is alright , she's on the Ambo if you want to talk to her" gabby tells me bringing me back to reality.  Should I go talk to her? What will she think? Will she think that I'm gonna be hung up on her because I saved her ? Why am I so confused and dumb when it comes to relationships.
Overall I decide to just tell squad to pack up and head back to the fire house. I can't be falling for her. Relationships never work well with me. I really do like her though , she makes me feel something I've never felt before , maybe Hope ? I don't know , but I'm terrified.

As soon as we get to the fire house I make sure to clean the rig along with the guys and just try to clear my mind. An hour later, the rig is finally clean , the hoses are rolled , and I'm walking inside the firehouse to go into my office.
I'm inside my office and I decide to lie down on my bed , and just overall think , I close my eyes and being to remember the first time I met Stella at the fire academy, she blew me away , her beauty , her passion for firefighting , it all just grew on me immediately.
My thoughts are interrupted with a knock on the door. I see Stella standing in the corner and my heart begins to race , see this is how I get when I'm around her.

"Hey , I just wanted to come by and thank you for helping me get outta there, I really appreciate it kelly she says kind of nervous. I make her nervous? This is my chance , I need to do it. I'm stepping closer to her and we haven't broke eye contact, I'm looking into her eyes , and I could tell she knows that I'm about to kiss her.

Stella's P.o.v

Kelly's eyes look at me with desperation, his beautiful eyes , his smile , the way his eyes glow whenever he smiles , he makes me nervous , and I can also tell that I make him nervous as well , he's looking at me in the eyes , and I'm looking back at him. He begins to lean in and I quickly do the same and our lips touch , tongues colliding , this kiss , a deep kiss , we keep kissing , and it feels like the time stops , as if minutes turn into seconds , and those seconds turn Into heaven. He grabs me by the waist and lays me down on the bed , I catch my breath as he begins to kiss me on my neck , I cover my mouth in case something slips out, this feeling is something new , something I've never ever felt with anyone , his lips come back to mine and we continue to miss kiss for what seems to be hours, but it's only minutes.

Kelly's P.O.V

I kiss her like I've never kissed anyone before , this feels like a first kiss , like I've never kissed anyone before. We continue kissing and I snap back into reality , what am I doing , I take a step back and catch my breathe , she does the same and looks at me with her beautiful eyes. Is it possible that love at first sight exists? Because I think that's what my heart is feeling, and I'm terrified. I've truly never loved anyone before, yeah I've been married and engaged several times , but none of them , not a single one has made me feel what Stella makes me feel. Does she feel the same ? I hope she does
" woah , that was totally unexpected" she said still catching her breath as I'm doing the same
I get a panic feeling in my chest , did she not like it ?
"That was by far one of the best kisses I've ever had in my entire life" she whispers into my ear as soon as I hear those words I kiss her harder than I did the first time. If I can't tell her my feelings , I'll show her them I say in my mind as I begin to kiss her and she kisses me back , my lips  hungry for hers. We kiss like the hungry animals that we are. We need to stop or else this is going to lead to something else.
Then a sudden knock is on the door , Stella and I get up panicked. I get closer to the door realizing that it's Dawson
"Alright , I'm gonna pretend I didn't see or hear anything , but Chief is calling you to his office Kidd, I've been looking for you all over the place , I should've known this is the first place you'd be at" she said with a huge grin on her face.
"What" , I say trying to pretend that nothing happened when it clearly did.

"You know I saw what I saw" she says with a huge grin "I've never seen kelly like this before , it's kind of nice , she said.

We part ways as I enter the Chiefs office
"Kidd come on in" , he says with a smile on his face , " wow everyone is smiling hard today"I say returning a smile to him
"I just wanted to call you in and give you a proper 51 welcome, what better welcome than the one you gave me at the call today" he said amazed
"The pleasure is all mine Chief , saving lives isn't a job for me , it's a want , and a desire. I would've done anything possible to make sure that baby went back to his parents arms safely" I said with all the honesty in my heart
"Well Kidd , you managed to do that and so much more today , I just got a call from the hospital telling me that the baby is in stable condition." As soon as those words left his mouth , my heart got filed with joy , knowing that I saved a life.
"I also just received a call from headquarters, Stella Kidd congratulations, you've been selected to receive an a commendation for your bravery and Heroism during today's call. He said shaking my hand firmly. This day just got 100 times better.