Phase 5, part 2

Magsimula sa umpisa

The man manages to score several Clash points and one Fatal point when he hits Nightingale's face at full force with his claw. Nightingale scores two altogether. But as the fight progresses, Okeanos seems to be slower and slower. Or is Nightingale becoming faster?

Either way, Nightingale starts to strike back. She blocks Okeanos' attacks and fluently chains her own. Her artifical feet shaped like talons score one Clash point after another. The audience has no idea how to react. Some of them cheer loudly, most of them keep shocked silence.

After a while, it's over and done and Okeanos is defeated. Nightingale bows to the crowd alongside her partner, a plain-looking woman in her forties. Okeanos is saying something, but nobody listens. Everyone is cheering for Nightingale and her miraculous victory.

It seems that Nightingale is a natural-born talent. Her seductive, bimbo appearance is deceiving indeed. There are sparks of sly intelligence in her blue eyes. She probably enjoys being underestimated so she can prove her opponents wrong.

To be honest, I have no idea what to think about her. She's skilled indeed, but there is something fake, dangerous within her. I just hope I won't have to face her one day.

As always, I spend most of my free time in my own private room

As always, I spend most of my free time in my own private room. I made enough money to allow me and my owner to buy a nice mansion in the French highlands, but most of it is used by Célia, my owner. This room is all I ask for. Here, I can be alone without anyone interrupting my solitude.

The room is mostly tinted into black, red and violet with flower themes on the walls. It is usually only dimly illuminated. I like intimate atmosphere.

At home, I replace my combat prostheses with casual ones. The casual legs and hands look and feel exactly like normal human limbs, so I can look like a Healthy outside the Arena. My combat proths, custom talon-shaped legs and hands with hidden claws from the AVIA company, are safely stored in a display cabinet in the corner of the room. The Counter-gravity cloak and the outfit I use during fights are also stored there.

I approach the cabinet. The legs, hands, cloak, lingerie, half-mask. This is Nightingale, the admired and adored Champion of Champions. Without all of this, I would be just Valentina. Valentina who was overlooked and mocked in the Dead Zone.

There is a large, antique mirror next to the cabinet. Since I don't find necessary to wear clothes in my room, I see clearly what I've become. And I remember that the beauty I see wasn't always there. I remember "Birdie", the hideous creature I once was. Is she still present, or did my personality change alongside my body?

Thanks to the miracles of surgery of this world, I am tall, curvy, beautiful, with smooth skin and perfect facial features. With my casual proths, I look completely like a normal human being. It's something I've wished for since I started to realize my own hideousness.

Now I have everything I've ever wished for.

One wall contains numerous shelves which serve as an exhibition of Nightingale. There are all the trophies I've won as a Champion. All the merchandise. Action figures, mugs, T-shirts and many other trinkets with Nightingale's face on it. It all shows off my success.