Chapter two

You didn't sleep very well. You dreamt about dark streets full of perverts. And nobody saved you this time. You woke up at 3 am, whole body covered in sweat. You sat up on a bed and started sobbing. Why did it have to happen to me? You walked to your small kitchen and drank a glass of water. It didn't help you very much, but at least you didn't feel like someone is strangling you. You didn't go back to sleep, you were scared, that you would dream about it again. Instead of sleeping you watched TV, but you didn't really pay attention to it.

When you went to school, you didn't think about anything else then the horrible night. You were still so shocked, that you didn't notice Sam later in the library. You just sat down and stared. Someone tapped your shoulder. You looked up and saw you friend, or at least you count her as a friend. You aren't sure, if she feels the same way about you. She smiled at you.

"Why didn't you show up yesterday?" You asked her.

"Omg, I totally forgot! I am so sorry, (y/n)!"

"Yeah, don't worry." You didn't smile at her, you just couldn't. You know, that she lied to you. She just had something better to do.

"Is something wrong?" She asked you. You didn't answer; you just looked down, at your fingers and sobbed. Your friend sat down next to you and took your hand.

"What happened?" You knew, she was looking directly in your eyes. You shook off her hand.

"Oh, so now you care?" You said it into her face, maybe a bit louder, with tears in your eyes. You grabbed your bag and ran out of the library and didn't stop running; you were almost at your apartment, when you heard someone calling your name. You turned around to see Sam running towards you. You stopped and waited for him. Before he said anything, he just hugged you and you realized how much you needed it. You started crying on his shoulder, while he gently rubbed your back. After you calmed down, you pulled away from him.

"Sorry." You said quietly.

"Don't be. What happened?"

"Don't you want to go to my place? It is like 5 minutes away." You offered to him. Sam quickly agreed and you were glad, you needed a company right now. You walked quietly to your place, but both of you were enjoying each other's presence.

"Come in." You invited Sam inside. He stepped into your apartment carefully, checking if everything is alright and there is no danger. You felt a bit weird to have a guy in here; it was a long time ago when you had a boyfriend. You closed the door behind him and sat at the table, where you usually eat. Sam sat opposite to you and waited, until you spoke.

You don't know why, but suddenly you wanted to tell him everything. You told him about the last night. He didn't say anything; he was just carefully listening to you. You felt so scared and you started sobbing again. Your eyes were burning from crying. Sam stood up and hugged you.

"I am so sorry, but please, stop crying." He whispered. But you couldn't. You pulled away from him and looked into his beautiful eyes. He smiled at you and you felt a bit better.

"Do you want me to stay with you tonight?" Sam asked you. Maybe Sam was just a guy, whom you just met, but you knew, that you wouldn't fall asleep without him. You know, that Sam is different. You nodded. He grabbed you in his arms and you let out a little surprised scream.

"Sam!" Sam just laughed at you and brought you to your bed. You both kicked off your shoes and covered yourself with the blanket. Sam pulled you to his chest and his arm was gently around your waist. You smiled and peacefully fell asleep.