three.

THE ANTIDOTE . destiny calls.
"and who might you be"

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

        AFTER THE CAFETERIA DEBACLE Vanessa found herself in the library where she got started on the few assignments that had already been assigned in her classes. Since she was spending the afternoon after school with Jake she figured she might as well get a jump start on her work, not that it was much after all.

       She pulled out her worksheet looking through the textbook beside it in order to answer the questions accordingly. U.S. HISTORY. It wasn't a particularly difficult subject for the girl who had her obvious strength and great weaknesses in class. For the most part, it was just memorizing dates and names. Though she figured that's what school mostly was, memorizing information long enough to regurgitate it during a test only to toss it out when new information came that you needed to hold on to.

         Her history class with Mr. Tanner was simple enough, at least so far. The homework was a list of questions in which all the answered could be found in the words of the textbook. He'd even written down the exact page to find the answers on. Her 'homework' was essentially just rewriting something. The class was already nearly finished with the textbook given it was already March and school wasn't too far from ending. They'd already covered topics such as Early America and the Civil War, they'd discussed the Gilded age and World War I. In class they'd just started the discussion of the Great Depression, something Vanessa had already learned about in her old history class in Phoenix.

        She breezed through the worksheet and before she knew it she was onto her Spanish work, that too she worked through just as easily. She leaned back in her chair with a quiet sigh, of her assignments continued to be just as easy she'd find herself more bored than she could have already imagined. It wasn't even as if she could toss her focus into a club because there were none. Now she couldn't even study. She debated telling the teachers that their material hadn't challenged her in the slightest but she knew some of the other students might come after her with torches and pitchforks if they changed the curriculum.

         With bored eyes and tapping fingers, she looked around the library curiously in thought. There were a few students lingering, a handful playing games on the computer, a small group gathered at the tables eating their lunch sneakily as the entrance door read, 'NO FOOD ALLOWED' in bold print. A couple made out secretly near the cooking books, (a good aisle given no one in high school was going to be checking out a cooking book), and just like her, there were a few random students working on their assignment.

       A body slid into the chair across from her and caught her eye, she turned lazily to look at whoever interrupted her people-watching only to smile softly. "Hello, Tyler Crowley."

       He leaned back casually in his chair, the front feet raising off the ground as he did so. He had a smile for her as well. "Hello, Miss Swan."