Adam_and_jane

Author: Adam_and_jane

Books Well-Known For: Follow Me Back and It's Only Temporary

How long have you been writing? That's kind of hard to answer. I've always concocted these long, elaborate stories in my head for as long as I can remember. Somehow, it never occurred to me to write them down until relatively recently. It was just something private I did to entertain myself. Then, I found wattpad in 2013 and that was my first time writing fiction for other people to read. Once I started, I couldn't stop!

What do you love about writing? I love inhabiting the minds of characters, understanding what makes them tick, listening in on their conversations, living vicariously through their emotions. It makes life much more rich and interesting!

What's your favourite genre to write and why? My first love will always be romance, but I seem to have found my groove lately as an author of YA mystery/thrillers.

Do you have any advice to offer aspiring authors? Don't expect overnight success. It's a long process to learn any craft, and writing is no different. If you're serious about a career as an author, you'll probably need to write a number of books before your work approaches publication quality. Embrace the learning process and try not to get impatient!

Do you plan to have a future involved with writing? I certainly hope so! Now that I've found writing, I can't really imagine myself without it. It's become a huge part of my everyday life!

What project are you currently working on? I just completed my latest wattpad story INSTALOVE, and now I'm setting out on the editing process. This story will serve as my first draft for my next published book. A revised and expanded version will be out in December 2019 (with a different title, not yet revealed!) from Sourcebooks.

To conclude the questions today, can you tell us a fun fact about yourself?

Let's see... I was obsessed with Star Wars for most of my childhood. The first stories I can remember making up in my head were essentially Stars Wars fanfics, elaborating on the romance between Princess Leia and Han Solo. I must have been... I dunno... 7 years old or so? Gosh, I wish I'd written those stories down. They'd probably be hilarious to read now!