EliahGreenwood

Author: EliahGreenwood

Books Well-Known For: The Bad Boy's Rules and Unbroken Rules

How long have you been writing? I started writing when I was around twelve but officially published my first book on Wattpad at fourteen!

What do you love about writing? Writing offers you a chance to live multiple adventures instead of one. It's an escape and a way to disconnect from reality when you're having a rough day. So I think, in that case, the answer is: What's there not to love?

What's your favourite genre to write and why? Do I have to choose just one? That won't be easy. I have a soft spot for romance and young adult. I guess I've just always been a hopeless romantic. I also love Fantasy.

Do you have any advice to offer aspiring authors? This might sound weird, but a good friend of mine once told me "Do you have any idea how many songs Ed Sheeran had to write to get to that really good song that became a hit?" Be kind to yourself and have faith. Know that you will probably write a lot of terrible and cringeworthy things before you find what works. You'll read old stories that will make you want to crawl under a rock. But keep pushing. If you believe you can, then you can. End of story.

Do you plan to have a future involved with writing? Absolutely. I just can't picture myself doing anything else. I've tried to walk away from writing, but it comes back to haunt me. I'll be in the subway and see something that inspires a story or hear a song that pulls me back to my computer. To me, writing doesn't feel like a job so it would be a dream come true to spend my life doing it.

What project are you currently working on? I'm currently working on publishing the two remaining books in my Rules series in 2019.

To conclude the questions today, can you tell us a fun fact about yourself? Before I discovered Wattpad, I wrote fanfictions in notebooks during boring classes. I had seven of them. Seven whole books of cringey fanfics the world will never get to read. I've since then lost the notebooks while moving and pray every day that no one ever found them.