He also knew.

Y/N laughs wryly, raising her eyebrows and slowly shaking her head. "They look compatible, I gotta admit...A perfect-looking couple...Then there's me."

"What's wrong with you?"

Y/N stayed silent for a long while until she finally looked into his eyes and spoke sadly, "I'm not her."

"Why would you want to be someone you're not, Y/N? I don't know how pretty and famous she is but you're you, and you are amazing, and..." I love you "...and you deserve much more than someone who cannot see that."

"Thanks, J." Y/N released a nervous chuckle. "Doesn't really make me feel better but thanks for trying."

"Well...I can come with you to San Francisco if you want? In case you feel lonely there. I work online anyway."

He couldn't bear letting her spend more time alone with this Harry, who had been emotionally torturing her ever since she started this job. Jason knew she'd been having dreams about Harry because she would always tell him about them. If anything happened to Y/N, he would not let her boss get away with it.

However, at the end of the day, Y/N was still Y/N. She believed she could deal with everything on her own, even though she failed most of the time.

"It's alright," she told him. "I'll manage."

.

.

.

Ever since their first kiss, Ann had spent many nights in Edward's bed. She knew people had been whispering about her sleeping with the Prince, but the truth was - that was all they'd done, just sleep together in the same bed, nothing else.

She knew he wanted her, and she wanted him, and they loved each other so sex shouldn't be a big deal. But it was, especially when his engagement to Princess Lillie was still valid and the wedding was still happening.

"Edward...No..."

Edward broke the kiss and backed away a little to gaze at the beautiful girl lying beneath him. His hand had been removed from under her dress and now resting on her waist as he frowned.

"It's all right. I'm not going to hurt you, love."

"No, that's not the reason."

"Then what is?"

She gave him a small smile and raised a hand to cup his cheek. She loved the way his green eyes sparkled in the candlelight, just like that night in her cottage and she was treating his wound.

"I have a question," she spoke, completely ignored his previous inquiry. "Have you and Princess Emilié..."

"No," the Prince answered right away without waiting for her to finish. "I don't want to...Even if I did, we still couldn't. The Princess must stay a virgin until our wedding night."

'Our wedding night'. Ann's heart pained by the sound of those three words.

"So you're going to make love to her anyway?"

"It's not going to be special or intimate, Ann. A lot of my servants, as well as my father and mother, would be there to watch." He chuckled while stroking her cheek and running his thumb across her pink lips. "It's more of a duty, just like my whole entire life here in this palace."

Ann frowned.

She didn't want to share him with another woman. However, she knew too well that it was impossible to have him all for herself. He couldn't make her his Queen nor his mistress because she wasn't royal, or from a wealthy family with a big name. So as long as he was going to be King one day, he wasn't entirely hers.