Spinner's End

James' hands tugged the last small button of the white dressing-shirt free exposing Remus' chest and stomach as the man stood watching James with a mixture of excitement and apprehension on his face. James could feel the younger man's gaze, but his own eyes were fixed on that lithe torso that he had teasingly glimpsed so few times. He lightly ran one hand from the hollow of Remus' throat to his waistband. His feather-light touch made Remus shiver.

James slipped just the tips of his fingers into the top of Remus' trousers and tugged hard causing Remus to inhale sharply in surprise. James smirked. The young werewolf was more expressive than he had hoped, and it was certainly working for him. He could feel his own erection straining against the fabric of his trousers and had to mentally remind himself to go slow. His breathing was measured and rough as it grazed across his lover's scarred cheek.

He slid his hands under Remus' shirt on either side and ran them leisurely up, over his chest, until he slid the shirt off his lover's shoulders to reveal more of that sweet fair flesh he longed to caress. James had the sudden urge to taste the man's skin that was so heated it bordered on sweating. He bent his head forward and placed a soft kiss to his shoulder, fighting a smile when goosebumps erupted across the man's chest, stomach and arms. He pressed a stronger kiss to the crook of Remus' neck; the younger man tilting his head obligingly. No part of him resisted James' slow torture, and the Unspeakable was quite taken with the flush that warmed his prematurely lined face.

He raised his hand and slowly trailed the backs of his fingers down Remus' cheek. Remus closed his eyes in anticipation as James leaned ever closer—

With a gasp James sat bolt-upright in bed. He glanced at the clock next to his bed and allowed himself to fall back, one arm stretched over his eyes in frustration. It was only 5:30! Couldn't he at least stay asleep a little longer! He peeked under his arm toward the foot of the bed and saw that the covers were in fact tented as he was confident they would be. Hitting the mattress next to him, he pushed himself into a sitting position and rubbed his face sleepily.

What do I do now? He wondered unhappily. Dreaming about him is one thing; I can't control that. But if I deliberately think about him to get my fix then it'd make things awkward when I go out there, and if I try to think of anyone else, he's bound to keep popping up! Bugger all...

He decided a cool shower was his best plan of action. The dream kept replaying in his mind though until he had little choice; touch himself or suffer pain. He went with the former option. Sure, he felt guilty afterwards as he doubted Remus would fancy the idea of him wanking while thinking of him naked, but what Remus didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

He dressed warmly and combed his hair in his personal bathroom. Once he was satisfied with his own reflection, he left, checking the time on his way out of his bedroom. 6:30, this should be fun, he thought with an evil grin. He strode up to Remus' bedroom door and banged on it with unnecessary fervor that could have been partly due to the upcoming date Remus had with Annabelle. There was a resounding thump from inside the room and James heard his flat-mate swear.

When Remus snatched the door open, James had to fight to school his face into composure. Remus' hair was sticking up randomly and one of his eyes was only half open. He still managed a convincing glare.

"Have you any idea what time it is?" the young man spat scathingly. James did his best to look innocent.

"It's Christmas! Remember? We are supposed to go to Severus' to spend Christmas with him and Isabella!"

Remus blinked at him slowly without dropping his annoyed expression.

"Really James, as much as I'd love to see Isabella, I don't know why you are insisting on making me go where I am not wanted. And what have you got against sleeping until a decent hour?" Remus demanded. He didn't like being woken up before eight at the earliest, and to be woken up especially early to go see Snape of all people was outrageous!