Day 64

The number of Hobgoblins increased by three today. I'm a little disappointed that there weren't Mages or Clerics this time.

There's usually one or two Mages per group, although even that's abnormal.

As always I gave each one a congratulatory gift.

After today's training, I let the Kobolds go into actual combat in pairs to secure food. If they're only fighting Skeletons, they can acquire experience efficiently, but they might get in a rut. On the other hand, people who fight a wide variety of races can develop practical skills.

I do intend to come out of the forest some day, so looking at the things to come, we should gather experience facing various monsters whilst we're here so that we'll be harder to beat.

For that reason, I had some spare time, so I made preparations for going out hunting alone.

The savory taste of a Stamp Boar was unforgettable. What's more, the new areas had a high likelihood of rewarding new abilities. It's about time that we tread on new habitats and ate new monsters.

I've already searched for the habitat of the Stamp Boar, so I'll be able to find it quickly because I know what to look for now.

As I was about to depart, I was stopped by Ogakichi.

He wanted to talk somewhere private, so we went out of the cave and walked for a while. We started talking after I confirmed no one was around.

According to him, he had finally decided to confess to Asue. His feelings became even stronger with his rank up.

Only problem is, he doesn't know what to say. He wants my advice.

He expects cheap consultancy service... is what I'd normally think, but Ogakichi is my buddy.

So, I suppose coming to me for council would be... obvious right?

So much for today's plans to go Stamp Boar hunting, huh. We shall dedicate the time from noon to evening to plan.

And with that, Ogakichi shall commence "Operation Confession" tonight.

The result of which we'll know in the morning.