Twenty-four: New Paths

Start from the beginning

"You know Mother Dear has the whole church coming. And I can get some of my home boys and their girls to come through."

"MC, I don't want to be or sound desperate." Jazmine sighed, looking out the window.

"Look, you have your little yoga class yo lil ass be going to, so I know you got friends.  Invite them folks over." MaCartier shrugged.

"I guess I could... Well let's see if I'm having my boy yet first."

"Yeah I could use a lil newphew, or a niece. Someone for Chase to look after and protect."

"Yeah, a girl might actually sound nice." Jazmine smiled to herself as she rubbed her belly. She was quite big for 5 months but the doctor always said she and the baby were healthy. People always mistaken her for being 7 months or even 8 months pregnant, she was just that big. She couldn't imagine how big she would be when she actually hit those months.

"Okay, let me go sign in." Jazmine slid out the car once they finally arrived at the office. She walked in and down to her doctor's section and signed herself in before taking a seat and the boys joining her.

Within a few minutes, being that she was running close to her time, the doctor called her back.

Sitting back on the examination table, she raised her shirt and allowed the nurse to rub the gel on her.

"Well hello there Jazmine. I see you've gotten quite big since our last visit." The doctor smiled.

"Yes!"

"And hello to you two, too." The doctor  turned to MaCartier and Chase.

They both waved and smiled.

"Okay, now we'll be able to see the sex of the baby, what are we hoping for?"

"A brother!" Chase jumped up.

Everyone laughed... Even though that's not how things work.

"I wouldn't mind a little boy, but as long as my baby is healthy, I don't care." Jazmine smiled.

"I could use a niece to spoil." MaCartier smiled.

"Well, looks like the little one wants to play a little game here. They turned their back to us. Let's see if mommy can get them to move and reveal themselves." The doctor rubbed the telescope over her stomach.

Jazmine began to poke at her stomach, each time the baby would kick back.

"Oh a lil attitude I see." Jazmine joked.

"Let's see, look as if we're disturbing them and the baby might change positions."

Jazmine began to lightly poke her belly again, "Come on little one, let mommy see what you are." Jazmine spoke.

The baby seemed to have stretched before turning over on its back.

"Ohh, looks like we have ourselves a little man here." The doctor pointed.

"Oh goodness." Jazmine smiled as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Would you like the 3D and regular sonogram pictures?"