Black Roses

I followed them for a while as we made our way through the castle. We passed studies, bedrooms, bath areas, and even secret passageways that no one else seemed to notice. I followed them until something caught my attention. It was a room to my right side that had bright glittering runes that seemed to glow brightly etched along the whole span of the doorway. Beyond the door were many tables lined with alchemic reagents and potion bottles. There were bookshelves with a book crammed into very nook and cranny. Some of them had locks while others had glass doors.
          I found myself inside the room before I knew what I was doing and hadn't even noticed that Mystiva and Drakül had stopped in the doorway just to see what I was doing. I saw all kinds of vials and phylacteries with all manner of strange liquids, some glowing some resonating some even singing. I went to a book shelf on the far wall to the right of the room. Every shelf was old and weathered looking with deep chestnut varnish and silver in lays that spanned the entire surface area. I thought it was rather pretty to be perfectly honest. I opened the doors at the top of the shelf to look at the contents behind them when a pale hand came to rest against them effectively anchoring them shut. "Sorry child, but, you're nowhere near ready for those volumes." Drakül gave me a sly smile as he directed my attention to a table with glowing words, in another language, carved into its top. I once again found my curiosity peaked and approached it behind him. He drew a rather immaculate long sword from the scabbard on his right hip and layed it on the table in the center. "You'll love this. Its called an arcane alter. As for what it does, well you focus on something you put on it to add unique properties and abilities to said item." He then tapped the blade of the sword with the claw on his forefinger making a sweet ting sound drawing my attention to the blade.
             I heard Mystiva's voice in my mind for a moment then turned to see a wicked smile spread over her face. "Want to see something funny?" She walked up to the alter and traced her finger along the edge of the blade from hilt to tip then smiled. "God damnit. It took me a while to make this one." As he finished speaking a ray of light reflected off the blade right at Drakül and his hair went from jet black to hot pink. He just looked down at the hair hanging over his chest sighed a cloud of smoke that was as thick and dark as the night sky. The smoke clouded around his hair turning it black once more before hiking a brow at his sister. "Would you mind doing your thing for real this time?" She giggled again and tapped the blade three times then bent down putting her face near the hilt but pointed down the blade and exhaled one long steady deep breath. The hilt became covered in light blue frost that seemed to run the length of the blade dancing in swirls with bits of black frost spreading from where she had tapped it. I'll admit that was cool but I was more interested in the alchemy tables though I felt I should watch and learn for the sake of knowing more as a whole.
             Mystiva turned to me with a warm smile then her eyes trailed over my shoulder to the doorway just as I became aware of the utterly terrifying presence behind me. I saw a smile on her face but what I felt behind me was as terrifying as what I felt when Freedin crashed through the ceiling in the mansion just a week or so earlier. I turned to see a man that was tall and lean, very lean. He had long hair and broad shoulders accompanied by eyes with such a level of intensity that it felt as if he could kill me with a mere glance. Mystiva went to him and kissed his cheek wrapping him into a tight hug then turned back to me. "This is the other of sons. Asriel is my more strategic son. Freedin is my more violent son." That was when Drakül laughed as he approached Asriel and handed him the sword. "Sister dear both of your sons are equally violent. Asriel is the brains while Freedin is more the type to bash in the enemies skulls then interrogate." They both laughed on that note before Asriel whispered something into Mystiva's ear and the three of them sped off after telling me to explore a bit to find my favorite rooms. I looked around the potion bottles for a moment reading the labels until a few caught my eye. "Let's see here. Drake breath... True form.. Fairy glitter. Ooo this looks good." I pulled the bottle from the shelf and studied the swirling black and purple liquid on the inside. I knew what it was. It was labeled Belladonna blood harvest root. I knew that wasn't what was in the bottle. I learned how to look at potions and appraising them wasn't too hard. In all honesty I learned quite a lot of useful things from my mothers customers. What was in that bottle I now held was permanent power amplifier. It would boost your magic might, strength, senses, reflexes, intelligence, and even grant you a permanent shape shifting ability. I knew this potion well because it was the exact same one that she had fenced to one of her loansharks. Without a second thought I removed the stopper and drank the contents in all its entirety down to the last drop. Seconds later everything went black and I was floating again.
          I woke up in what I guessed to be a medical ward of sorts where magic instead of science healed the sick and wounded. I sat up slowly feeling my entire body shuddering. I was trembling just beneath my skin like bubbles under a sheet of ice on a frozen lake. I felt amazing but at the same time my body jerked and pulsed like something was about to happen. Just then my body tightened up and started convulsing violently as it changed and shifted relentlessly for what seemed like hours. Then it happened. I died and left my body and met Asriel a second time. This time he wore the appearance of death incarnate. He grabbed a hold of me and roughly slammed me back into myself with a statement that I didn't quite understand at the time. "Mother said you can't die. Death abides the white divine." I have to say the experience was overall unpleasant. See I was spot on about the bottle, but, the potion in the bottle in question was definitely not made by someone with even a good knowledge. The potion was made by the white divine herself. She knew I would spot the potion because of the significance of the bottle. She put it there on purpose because she was adopting me even on a genetic level though I didn't know that at the time. What that potion did was altered me at my core. On an atomic molecular level it infused Mystiva's DNA into mine. It was a way of making me genetically bonded to her. Weird I know, but hey, it had some pretty damn good perks.
                  I sat up in my hospital bed stretching with a yawn while I looked around the room thinking to myself. Just then a nurse came in and told me I was a perfectly healthy young prime. "Prime?" That word threw me for a second. I wasn't sure at the time but I thought she was using a slang word in a different language. "You mean human right?" The question just rolled right out before I could think it over. She perked an eyebrow and looked back at the chart on her clipboard then back at me. "No, your charts say you're a prime not a human." I must have given her a very confused expression because she started to explain how I'm not human I'm a prime. So I asked her at some point if  that could have been achieved with magic and she explained more. "The only way you could become a prime magically is with the help of the white divine herself. That being said I highly doubt that's the case here being that your mana wave pressure is too persistent and much like a second nature to me because it reacts with you instinctively and not in any way without you. You were born a prime child." I didn't really know what a prime was to be honest. I must have looked a bit lost because she told me that primes are extremely rare naturally occuring. She said there were only six in existence counting myself.  I gave her an expression that said 'oh ok'. That sure did explain a lot of things though. It explained why Freedin noticed me to begin with. It also told me why Luka was so protective while he was escorting me here.
                I went back to my room to sit and think on what I had discovered for a bit. When I entered my room there was an exquisite vase with breathtaking black roses on my vanity table. They were like someone had plucked pieces of the night right out of the sky. The stems were so vibrantly green while the petals were like sheets of inky black velvet with such a sweet and unique scent. I almost didn't recognize them as roses at first. There was a letter by vase with a blob of black wax sealing the heavy parchment together. I picked it up and looked at the seal pressed into the wax. I didn't recognize it yet but I'd come to know it well. It looked like a type of glyph. Oddly enough the glyph was absolutely dripping with power. I opened the letter to see the writing was silver pressed words. "Hello little one. We have only met once however, mother seems to have taken a liking to you. I will return to the castle shortly. Enjoy the fruit and treats. Many have brought gifts for you being that you are to become the sibling of war and death. You will need for nothing ever again. You will fear nothing ever again. I have taken the liberty of crafting some jewelry for you. It will be done shortly and I will bring it to you as a welcome to the family kind of thing. Mother made a gown specially for you to wear for your celebration. Tonight if you become overwhelmed with anything seek out Asriel or myself. And don't worry, there will not ever be any more intruders in your bed chambers ever again. I've seen to that personally. Also I gave the maids orders to draw you a mana and black rose bath when you are ready. Your makeup and wardrobe have been fully stocked and will be handled by our own personal professionals. You will be the brightest star on this night and many more to come dear little sister.
Sincerely,
Freedin De Lazurous Silverauss"

OK guys sorry I took so long to get this one out. Been dealing with a lot lately. But if you're still reading my books you rock and I luv you. Till next time. P.S. the next few chapters are going to be fun.