Just Beyond the Horizon

I woke to the smell of eggs and bacon with hints of maple and other spices. The smells themselves woke me from an odd dream I was lost in. An elf girl was standing by the bed preparing an amazing breakfast for me. She was wielding magic so effortlessly making it that I couldn't help being amazed.
She put the finishing touches on it and then lifted the tray gently sitting it in my lap as I sat up. She looked at me with a wide smile and was actually adorable. "Breakfast is served young mistress. " She smiled one more time then layed a change of clothes on the foot of the bed and exited the room surprisingly quietly.
Later on the deck of the ship I went to the stern and sat on the figurehead just looking off into the horizon. Figured it would be the perfect time to smoke what I had gotten from the first town that Luka and I visited. I pulled it from my pouch and packed some into a pipe that one of the older warriors had carved for me. I won't lie, I got so high that day. I just sat on the figure head and thought things over and processed things as best I could.
What if the divine witch didn't like me? Or what if I offend her somehow? She could literally erase me and make everyone forget I ever existed. Well that's what I'd heard anyway. Either way it wasn't any joke that she was the top dog. I had no idea how to behave around such people. I mean it wasn't really like I was taught much manners to this point in my life.
The voyage over the ocean was pretty uneventful. I was thankful for the time to relax. The ship we rode on was pretty lavish. Huge rooms, comfy beds, and hot showers. I eventually went to talk to the captain for most of the trip because I wanted to learn more about the people that had seemingly adopted me. I learned that I had a hell of a reputation to live up to. I was definitely nervous.
The captain could see the nervousness in my face and smiled warmly as he stuffed a pinch of tobacco into his pipe. "They really are quite different from typical royals and nobility. The divine is unimaginably powerful yes but she isn't like others. She is graceful and elegant though she does not look down on other for being who or what they are. Take lord Freedin for example, he's not quite as well mannered or prim and proper as you would expect a royal to behave. He's rowdy, boisterous, at times violent, and could sometimes be considered the least civilised being in history. But, he is also honorable, valorous, and shies away from nothing. Not even his mother. "
I thought about his words for a while. I could definitely see Freedin as powerful and fearless, but, he didn't have to be civilised around the divine I mean she is his mother. Obviously she cared about him in ways that mine never did for me. I wondered if I would be allowed to call her mother or ma'am or something along those lines.
I thanked the captain for the conversation and made my way back to the room I had woke up in. I had decided that I wanted to get a little nap in then I would compose myself and talk to Freedin some more later when I woke up again.
          I woke up a few hours later and stretched under the immaculate bedding and yawned as I stretched out popping here and there.  That was when a heavy loud knock came at the door. It almost echoed in the room. "Come on in." I said it before I realized that I had stripped in my sleep, and I only noticed as the big guy from before walked in with a big horn of Mead and wearing what looked like a robed garb that one would wear when relaxing.
         He was very tall and intensly muscular with a very calm and balanced demeanor. His eyes were a beautiful ice blue color with a dark blue ring on the outward edges of his irises. His complexion was unrealistically clear and his hair reminded me of the color of snow on a mountain top.
          He was carrying a large leather bag, I noticed, that he had sat it down on his side opposite of me then gave me a warm expression. "This is for you. Inside you will find a white ball gown, leather pants, fine black boots, and a corset. We arrived in Silver Moon City while you slept. Also today is a good day. Today you meet my family and my mother. Naturally you have many questions. Well here are your answers. No, my mother won't kill you on the spot for accidents. Yes, I expect you to wear the dress. Yes, I am having your hair,nails, and makeup tended to by elves. You don't like elves, tough shit. Yes, you will feel very strange at first in my world, but you will learn to love it. No, you are not a slave and sex is your choice to have with whom ever you desire. If someone tries to force you into it call my name. You are free and safe here, that I assure you. And yes my mother is very eager to meet you, black rose of silver moon."
           I kind of sat there stupefied for a moment realizing that he'd just answered all of my questions all at once before I'd even asked them.
           I looked back at his face only to see a smile as he handed me a black rose with red thorns. "This is for you from me personally. It's an undying rose from my own personal gardens. Plant it if you want a beautiful thicket, but be warned. It has a hell of an ability to vine out. " I had a good feeling that my day was going to be full of surprises. I mean I WAS in Silver Moon City, the home of the most powerful beings in history.
         We were greeted by a particularly intimidating man as we climbed off the boat to the dock. He had long black hair and perfect skin just like Freedin. He was wearing a black with red trimmed trench coat that had a gold cross attached to the back. He had pointed fangs and piercing red eyes and I wondered what exactly he was for a minute until Freedin motioned for me to come over. I didn't mind so I did go to him but I did cautiously. I wasn't very open to trust yet.
           The man in the trench coat I noticed was built like Freedin. I soon noticed that every male in the area I was at was the same in the sense that they all looked like they were chisled out of marble. I mean I was getting all kinds of hot from all the sex appeal but kept my cool. The guy in the trench coat introduced himself as Drakül. He seemed disseptivly strong.
         He told Freedin that someone called Mystiva was waiting for him. Freedin turned to me and said to stay close to him. I just figured he meant not to get distracted.
          We got into the actual city and I was only half correct in my assumption.  The city looked militarized as if they were expecting an attack or something to that effect. We kept going making our way through what I guessed used to be a market. Everywhere I looked I saw swords or axes being repaired and or sharpened. There were tons of forges working double time with roaring smelters accompanied by the sound of hammers on iron anvils.
          I noticed as we walked through the city every so often a few people here and there would stare at Freedin and begin whispering. I caught words like beast, monster, war monger but the one word I heard the most was trunade. I had no idea what that word meant but it didn't seem to bother Freedin at all. I knew he could hear them. My guess was that he had become immune to their words. I didn't understand why people were this way to him. It didn't click why they were so scared of him.
        After quite a bit of walking we finally arrived at the castle gate. It had large immaculate arches and was absolutely breathtaking from where I was standing. The guards at the gate crossed their spears in front of the doors as we got there and told Freedin to leave because they would not allow us entry. This seemed to get a reaction out of him. "You two runts think you can stop me if I choose to enter do you? Well then I dare you to give it your best shot." I looked to Freedin who was now showing a face that was as intense as he was large. I didn't really think it wise to get in the middle of things so I backed up a few steps and gave some space to ground zero. One of the guards pointed the tip of his spear toward Freedin and he growled then in the flash of a millisecond Freedin took the spear from the guard and nailed him to the wall with it.  He just looked at the other one, who dropped his spear and looked the other way while leaning his back on the wall. I couldn't help raising an eyebrow at that. "Well, I guess that settles that." I wore a rather large smile of sarcastic triumph as we continued into the palace.

   OK so it took forever to finish this chapter. Sorry bout that guys. The next one shouldn't take too long. Stay where my lovelies