⠀⠀𝟭𝟯. ❛ MERRY CHRISTMAS, JACKASS ❜

Start from the beginning

     Out of nowhere, a rapid beeping came from one of the computers, the alert stemming from Central City Square.

     Barry's head shot up. "What's that? Is that Mardon?"

     "That's definitely him," Piper answered, pulling out of Cisco's arms as she clicked on the monitor screen. "Atmospheric pressure just dropped two-hundred hectopascals."

     The fellow speedster walked to where she stood, looking over at the screen. "Where?"

     "Central City Square," Cisco replied, pointing at the screen.

     "The tree lighting ceremony..." Caitlin gasped, her eyes widening. "There are thousands of people there."

     The two speedsters glanced at one another, similar thoughts running through their minds. Piper reached up and clicked her necklace, her iconic purple suit popping out. Jumping into it, she sped off, the scarlet speedster right behind her with the Weather Wand in hand.

     "Hey, hotshot, you must show me that necklace when you get back. I've been trying for two years to figure out the Flash ring," Cisco spoke into the comms, causing the redhead to roll her eyes, turning down a street. Narrowing her eyes on a dark figure that stood on top of a building, her lenses zoomed in, focusing on the figure as her facial recognition program ran his face through it. She heard a clicking sound as it confirmed that it was Mark Mardon.

     Running up the building, she jumped, landing perfectly on the rooftop. The man turned his head, a wicked smile taking over his face. "Ah, I heard that the Flash finally got a girlfriend. Maybe you can help me out here, sweetheart," he smirked, and she shook her head.

     "I don't think so, sweetheart," she mocked.

     A flash of yellow lightning joined her side, holding the wand. "We can help you get back into a jail cell, though," Barry spoke, stepping forward.

     "No. You see, I'm trying to decide if I should kill everybody down there with a deadly hail storm or maybe something trickier. Maybe acid rain? That could be fun. What do you two think?" Mardon asked, the corner of his lips curling.

     "I think you should surrender before I kick your ass back to Iron Heights." Barry snapped. "You see this wand? You—" Mardon leaned back and fell from the roof.

     Both speedsters dashed to the edge to see the man flying in the sky, creating wind tunnels with his hands to keep him afloat. "Uh, guys, he's flying," Barry announced, glancing over at Piper to see that she was climbing onto the ledge.

     "He can fly? Since when can he fly?!" Caitlin retorted.

     "Uh, Expedite, what're you doing?" Barry asked uneasily, eyes wide.

     Piper turned her head, looking him directly in the eyes. She held out her hand, gesturing to the wand.

     "Barry, get him!" Jay yelled into the comms.

     "Get to the Square and evacuate the area. I'll meet you there," Piper stated, grabbing the wand, and Barry became confused. Turning her head, she jumped off the building, allowing the feeling of air rushing through her lungs to fill her up.

     "Piper!" Barry yelled, leaning over the edge to find that the purple speedster was flying in mid-air.

     Back on her Earth, Miles had installed rockets on the bottom of her feet in the suit, giving her the ability to fly. A meta-human named Flight Flood had the powers to manipulate oxygen and air. She could suck all the air out of a room and channel it into waves, using those waves to fly around the city. She'd killed several people, and to successfully arrest her, Piper needed a way to fly. Thus, the addition of rockets came.