。rubik's cube

TITLE: Rubik's Cube

TITLE: Rubik's Cube

AUTHOR: -Yasi-

UNDERRATED CHARACTER: Colin Creevey

SUMMARY:

Colin Creevey apart from being a splendid photographer was also terrific at solving the Rubik's cube. It seemed as if his hands moved of their own accord as he would solve the cube and toss it in a matter of seconds.

Will Jefferson would watch in amazement as Colin would accomplish the feat effortlessly yet again. Rubik's cube bought the two boys together. And Will never regretted once that it did.

REVIEW:

I really love Colin Creevey as a character, and thus I was excited to read your book.

I think you have portrayed Colin quite accurately, although given the shortness of your chapters as well as your book, it was quite hard to tell. I can definitely see Colin as a cheery, playful boy in your book, so you have done a good job writing him.

I love the idea of Colin playing with a Rubik's cube and his classmates being fascinated by it. I would, however, show his love for photography as well. As we have seen in the books, he carried his camera with him everywhere, so I was quite surprised to see that his camera wasn't mentioned at all. But it's a tiny part of your book, and it hardly matters.

Your story is cute and cheerful, and I loved the relationship between Colin and Will. They have such a sweet relationship, and the interaction between them made me really happy. Your descriptions are short and nice, but I felt like the story was a bit rushed. For example, the part where Colin and Will are talking and all of a sudden you mention Dumbledore's death – it seemed a bit too abrupt. But as it's a short story, I understand why it can happen.

Overall, your story was nice and poignant to read. The characters were well written, and although there are a few grammatical errors, they can easily be fixed with a little editing.

Hope this review helped! Good luck with your writing!

(reviewed by sarsasstic)